Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Capital One should be avoided at all costs.

I had been a customer in good standing for years with Capital One and enjoyed a low rate on my cards. 2 months ago they sent me a rate change in the mail wanting to raise my raise to over 17%. I called cancelled the cards froze the rate at my low rate and continued to pay them off. I was the victim of theft with my checking account which I made my payments so my bank put a Hold on the account. Well an automatic payment went through to my Cap 1 card but was returned because of the hold and Cap 1 raised my interest to a default rate of 23.3 %. Even though I had never missed a payment and kept the account in good standing they raised the rate. I even called and explained what happen and offered to fax copies of the banks affidavits and police report and they still refuse to do anything to assist me. They want me to wait 90 days before they will consider a rate change when I had never been late before. Scoundrels at best is how I would describe them, what's worse is that these criminals took T.A.R.P funds from the American people then turned right around and started screwing them on their interest rates. The new consumer credit protection legislation won't help either as it doesn't go into effect until next year. Congress likes to pretend they did the American people a favor by passing it but the fact is they wanted to give their campaign contributors enough time to nail customers with fees and interest hikes before the legislation would take effect that's why it doesn't take effect for 9 months. Its practices like this that gives the free market a bad name. I am going to hold off getting another credit card until after the legislation takes effect. You can be sure it won't be with Capital One too. Sincerely, Another Cap 1 victim

Capital One raised my rates on the 2 cards that I had with them without notifying me so i am just going to pay the minimun required until March of 2010 then I qualify to file bankruptcy again so that is what they will get in return from me for doing this. If they had left me alone they would have gotten their money but being they were butt heads they will not be getting their money back. In my opinion they deserve to get screwed.

Capital one Bank is the only bank I know of that does not post cash on the spot. I have another bank account with my credit union and when I deposit cash at the credit union it is available right away...and any pending charges will be covered if I make a cash deposit to cover them if I make a mistake in my account.

Well not Capital one! I had 7 dollars in purchases on a Sunday and I put a deposit of 20 bucks in on monday to make sure I had enough in the account. well I check it Tuesday and I had a bal. of $ 22.17.

Then Wednesday gets here and I have two NSF charges for $35 a piece because they put the pending charges totaling $4.00 in first....then the $20 cash. I was so furious. I called the bank right away and they said someone will call me the next morning. I waited till 9;30 am and I called them Thursday.

The lady WAS RUDE! She said that the charges went through on Monday which was a lie....because our deposit was put in Mon. afternoon and I was still in the positive on Tuesday! The date next to the transactions was for Monday when I checked online so it made it look like my fault.

I finally got her to *** two NSF fees but then the other purchase for $2.14 went through and bounched before I talked to her so she said sense I waited till thurs. she could only *** 2 of them. The way they print their stuff online is so screwy! Also they do not credit payroll checks till the next business day at midnight.

i put in my payroll on a Fri. and it wasnt available till Tues. Morning. I never heard of such a thing in my life.

My credit union posts payroll checks right away with no wait. I will never recommend capital one to anyone!

My credit union posts payroll checks right away with no wait. I will never recomment capital one to anyone!

View more comments (4)
Loss

Capital One should be avoided at all costs.

Capital One in Santa Clara, California - Quit crying

guess what dumbas*es, if you live within your means, this wont happen to you, sorry life is not fair, be a little more responsible, you create your own problems, and you need to be pissed at yourself, noone cares how pissed you are at capital one, they have millions of happy responsible consumers capital one gives me compound interest on my bank accounts, and they have always been fair with me is there things i would like to buy instead of putting my money in the bank?? yes of course stop living like pigs, wake up america, be responsible, quit looking for handouts

maybe you should think about payment protecion its real cheap and its help u if u ever get in a bind it will help it saves when u really need it

in reference to quit crying..

I was living within my means.. the the economy crashed, but I held on, and then I developed two blood clots in my leg and was hospitalized...over 20 grand because I am un-insurable due to pre-existing. I did not say, I could get insurance for a small fortune, I am 100% UNINSURABLE.. those 2 factors sucked me savings dry. I called Cap.1 and asked if I was eligible for a 2 month deferment since I have NEVER BEEN late. I was told yes. filled out my paperwork, sent it in. They took the 35 dollar fee. Then I get a call a month later saying, I actually was NOT eligible. And they demanded me pay the full two months. I said No, I paid one month, and made arrangements to have the other month deferred, because according to them , even though I wasnt eligible for 2 month deferment, I was for a one month. So it's all good, right. NOPE. THEIR mistake cost me extra fee's so after they again took a 35 dollar defer fee from me, the called me the next day and said that the fee's made me ineligible, unless I paid them, and another car payment. I told them *** no. They were supposed to credit me the thirty five dollars back. Still havent seen it. And now they call every day. No one tells the same story.. no one reads notes, and half of them dont even take notes, even though they say they do.

Capital One is one of the most corrupt companies I have ever had to deal with. They called me today and asked when I was making my payment, I told them I didn't know, so they started hounding me. I informed them they were lying *** and could kiss my rear end and hung up.... its not all about people not living within their means. This company LIES and manipulates accounts in order to collect more fee's. Congress should have left their *** out to fry!! And I am contacting my attorney general.

Hey quit crying you can *** it!! If you don't want to her pissed consumers voice their opinions about companies that suck...then guess what...go to another website!!!

Sheesh!! Some people are idiots!

I have to agree with "Quit Crying". While the posting is abrupt and straight to the point; it's 100% correct!

People need to take responsibility for their actions. No one forced you to apply for the credit card. No one held a gun to your head and made you max out your credit card. Financially responsible people do not allow themselves to be put in such a "sticky situation".

If you maintain an excellent credit score (750+) (and just because you pay your bills on time every month, doesn't necessarily mean that you have excellent credit... especially when you're barely making the minimum payments on a half dozen maxed out credit cards... being over extended is never a good sign to creditors or the credit agencies), then you can simply apply with a different bank, transfer the balance, and close out the account with the "bad" bank.

Stop crying and whining because "the big bad evil bank" is making you pay back what you borrowed. A smart consumer wouldn't have let themselves be put in such a situation to begin with.

we'll "quit crying" if you promise not to cry when one of these predatory credit companies is anally raping you

To those living within their means (or claim to be), remove your job. Can you survive and pay all your bills for 8mnths min?

If not, you are outside your means. Heck, I spend 165/mnth for cable and internet. I dont need it. The original post is rather cut throat, however I just view it as tough love.

Alot of us do need a brick in the face to wake us up. Im just now getting my credit back on track and Capital One has been more than helpful and very nice to me.

Well, I think the only pig here is Y O U! You showed how ignorant you really are with your thoughtless and *** comments.

I know people who put their chemo-therapy on their credit cards!!!

By the way, just exactly what actions on the consumers part gave capital one the right to be loan sharks??? Greedy company and I hope they go out of business!!!

to the original poster...*** you! i lived within my means until the recession hit me hard.

with capital one i missed one payment and it went downhill from there. they would not work with me at all for any repayment plans and refused to work with my debt consolidater. all my other credit cards were very helpful during this time.

they recently sued me and won their case...the judge was a total *** by the way. they are gonna have to wait to get a cent out of me!

This person must be working the phones for Capital One. I've read the news about them laying off collectors.

I'm so sorry. :cry Welcome to the real world, sweetie.

*** Beotch

Its people like you that put us all in a recession.

no is looking hand out, now capital got a hand out and has not repay none of the money back yet capital is a bad deal

View more comments (10)
Review

Capital One Raised my interest rate!!!

Capital One raised my interest rate from 5.9% to 15.9% just for kicks. I've always paid on time and I haven't used the card in over 1 1/2 yrs. A while back they tried to raise it to 10.9 % and I said NO and told them to close it and that I would pay it off at the 5.9 %, that is how it works with all other banks I've dealt with. They said they couldn't close it until it was paid off, but wouldn't raise my interest rate if I didn't use it. Today, 1 1/2 yrs later, I get a bill with an interest rate of 15.9 % and was told that I had 2 options, pay the bill in full or pay at the 15.9% rate. These people are thieves, not only do they take tax money from the government, but they also screw us over with the interest rate.
#120193

i applied for 5.9% rate card got a card in mail after a few months noticed my interest rate was 19.9% Capital one tells me i did not qualify for 5.9% so they gave the highest interest rate possible i just canceled my card Capital one SUCKS

My rate was also increased from 5.9% to 15.9% for no reason. I have been unemployed for over 4 months and when I called to close the account and maintain the 5.9% rate, I was told that I was a day late and could not get the 5.9%.

This has raised my minimum payment by $100 (all finance charges). It is complete B.S. that we are given the ultimatim of either close your account (Which damages your FICO score) or take it up the ***! I have never had a late paument in my life and I am 34 years old!!!

*** Capital One! Surely we can come together and fight these Bastards!!!!!

View more comments (1)

Capital One raised my interest rate to 27%

I was always happy with Capital One until about two months ago when they raised our interest rate from 9.9% to 27%! When I called, I was told that the area I live in is considered high risk and therefore they could not lower my interest rate. I paid off my balance in full thinking that my original interest rate would be reestablished. Again, I was told by customer service that my interest rates could not be lowered. I immediately closed that account and will never do business with them again. Their business practices are predatory. I am done with them.

CAPITAL ONE BANK AND POOR SERVICE

CAPITAL ONE BANK AND POOR SERVICE
After I lost my card over one year and I need a new card, I called today and the workers that they still have in India transfered me to 4 different people and I did not get any one that could help me. It is sad that the Bank has such poor customer service. They would say the same thing over and over and I did not get what I called for. The last person hung up on me. This is it with Capital one with me, I am going to a American own bank James Staley Ann Arbor, Michigan

i paid off my auto loan 5 months after i got it and i had gap insurance on it and they giveing me the runner around about paying me.am going to keep trying to get my money so don,t do bussiness with capital one.

Review

Capital One in Los Angeles, California - Turned me down for a credit card. I havnt dealt with you for more then 8 years.

I had a prepaid credit card from you and kept up paying so my limit went up. I then vanished for 8 years and had no use of the credit card. I havnt had any use of any credit card in over 8 years. Why was I turned down. according to the letter I was deliquent on payments. Not so I had no payments. Is there any way we can come up with an agreement on what I owe or owed you years ago, im trying to establish credit in my name. If my card was used after August 2001 then it wasnt me using it. I at least deserve a free credit report. Can you at least send me that?

you won't get any credit from capital one. While it may no longer show on your credit report capital one still remembers.

And you won't get any credit from them.

As an account manager for capital one i can tell you this for sure

Loss

Capital One in Newark, New Jersey - Capitol One = *** Bags

Capitol One is equivalent to the last *** I took. I hate these bastards and one day they will get theirs. If you owe Capitol One money and cannot pay, they will continue to haunt and haunt you. Capitol one is infamous for sending credit card holders that are in default, pre-approved credit card offers. Don't be fooled by these practices. If you choose to accept their offers, don't be surprised when they post a payment from the new account to the old defaulted account to extend the Statue of limitations. It would give me great pleasure to see Capitol One collapse. Watch Capitol One, they are very stealthy and dishonest.
Review

Capital One raised my credit card rate fron 7.9 to 24.9 reason given bad economic times nothing else

I have been a Capital One credit card holder since 2002,I switched because they offered a 0% rate. I have never been late , never over the limit , never a bad check , only on time excellent pay. They just raised my 7.9 rate to 24.9 rate .After talking to several SUPERVISORS they could only tell me that it was because they were in bad economic times and had a lot of other card holders that were bad so I was paying for their poor credit. I will never go back to this company and warm others to beware.

I had 2 cards with them, and they did the same thing to me with perfect credit no less. I opted out of the new terms and they closed my accounts, and now I'm paying them off at my original interest rates. Screw 'em.

All you do is tell them that this is not accecptable and close my account and that they lost you as a customer. If everyone does this they will change their tune. Or they will have no customers left.

That's exactly what they told me about jacking my rate to 18% from 9% effective Jan 1st 2010. This after 14 years of doing business with them, NEVER being late with a payment and always paying over the minimum and having a credit score of 800.

These *** are driving their GOOD customers away and then crying to the government to bail their sorry, greedy ***'s out. Leaves little wonder as to why our economy is in the dire straights that it's in! When January arrives my bill will be paid in full.

I'll be done with that and Capitol one. They can go down in ashes over their own greed and stupidity.!*^%& them!!

View more comments (2)
Review

Capital One in Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania - Due to the economy my interest rate skyrocketed!!??

This is a repost that I am posting on every Cap one post in hopes that no one will give this company the time of day. Had our account for 11 years. NEVER a late payment and always a good customer. We got a "change of terms" in the mail stating that our interest rate was going from 10.5% to 17.99%!!! I called and asked them why and after waiting 20 minutes on hold I got to speak to a person I could not understand and only told me that it was stated on my change of terms mail why. No it wasn't I said. They finally told me that it was because of my account activity. I asked what exactly they meant because I have an excellent record with them. She told me she couldn't say why. I closed my account. No more credit cards for us. If anyone is thinking of getting a new credit card right now, please think it through and don't forget to read any fine print.

This exact thing has happed to me, 9.9% to 17.9%, the person after 20min hold told me they sent a leter allowing you to opt out of the interest rate change! I was like WHAT?

How would someone see that choose not to! Im sure it looked like Junk mail. at any rate it should not be able to raise interest rate on money already charged. Its like your car payment you chose to pay back at an agreed apon rate, it doesnt change.

Fine to change the rate for future purchases. AARGGGHH

If you are on Facebook...join the group "Boycott Capital One." Unfortunately there is more than one of these groups so join the one that is the largest.

Well...they can't exactly say that "due to the greed and ineptitude of Capital One management, we are forced to raise interest rates..."

These *** at Capital One will destroy the company. What arrogance to raise credit card rates to their highest rates in over 20 years when interest rates overall are near historic lows.

My wallet was stolen and all kinds of unauthorized activity on my Capital One card has put me over the limit and continues to keep me there. I had contacted Capital One immediately and requested they stop my account when the wallet was stolen.

Apparently, they weren't listening to me because they have sent me another card with the same number on it. I've asked them to close my account, and they won't. In the meantime, the over limit charges are adding up like crazy and it is ruining my credit.

I've reported them to the fraud division in my state. This is outrageous!

Most credit card companies are going through a change of interest rates due to the economy. This, to me, makes no sense.

I understand they want money, but how exactly does an increase in interest rates of those who have accounts in good standing really make sense. This is a form of corporate suicide.

The rates need to stay the same, if not be lowered by a few points in order to encourage people to buy products on credit, thus generating revenue for not only the card companies, but also for other businesses. Capitol One, ChaseManhattan, and Discover all need to rethink their "strategies" during this economic crisis.

View more comments (4)