Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Capital One Rip off

Scamers who can legally rape the us people and get away with it!! they jack there rates and move payments into the red so they can scam money from people so the can pay there CEOs millions. I was scamed starting at $5.00 that they jacked up to $1200.00. Why does USA laws let this company rip us off? They should be fired!!Ran out of this country, so there bank in other countries cant force US tax payers to pay up on false bills.Let us stop the bail outs to these rip off banks and jail the COE of this company, stand up US and fight this company run them out of this world close there doors. This is why so many are out of work--scams like this is black mail to give CEO there jets and keep working people in debt. when will it end? There a big company --that is allowed to ruin lives as our gov sets back and does nothing--call them --no one can speak english there

Man I bet you sucks *** for a living. No wonder your such a broke loser all the time, cuz broke losers who suck *** for a living can't pay their credit card debts.

But I'm a real man, and I make tons of money and I'm obviously much smarter than you. I probably bang your wife while you're off getting upside down in credit card debt, cuz your so *** and I'm so smart. And well hung.

Well, loser, better go to work so you can pay off your retard debt. I think I'll bang your wife tonight. With my huge ***.

Loss
I HAD a credit card through this "company." A $250 limit. Just to build my credit. Well, HUGE mistake. I closed this credit card account in June 2007, asked for a letter stating that the account had a $0.00 balance and it will be closed after their standard 3 month...

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had (past tense) a Capital One card, had the balance paid off and had the account closed. Now they are trying to bill me for money I don't even owe.

View more comments
Review

Capital One in Brandon, Florida - Raised my RATES !!!!

Stinking snakes.... I've been with them for years....excellent credit, pay on time and always more than the minimums.....For posting a payment 2 hours late over a holiday weekend 2 years back, they jacked my rate by 2%.....Now, like so many others, I'm being RAPED by new rates for NO REASON. I've paid it off, and will NEVER use Capital One again.....for any reason.....period. (I wish I could say what I really want to). I have friends as well who are being hiked by these snakes.....This is what GOOD CUSTOMERS GET ??? We need to warn as many as possible about this rip-off called Capital One.

FEED UP,

I'm a Long time card member and it does not matter to Capital One. I started with a 9% rate and stayed there until last year, today it is 23.15% and 29% on cash advance with a 39.00 over limit fee. I can't even think about what a new customer is paying (WOW)

Too Bad This Company is so GREEDY!

FEED UP !!!

Capital One just doesn't care and is a huge rip-off, I got the letter about a rate hike last year,and again this year. I was not aware that they could change your rate at their well, I was shocked.

I called customer service to no avail starting in November 2008, I have paid on time and more than min. each time, and expected some help with the new rate.............well NOT, I have been told that NO customer service person can do that. I ask for a manager NO HELP and yes, it was an person(s) with a deep accent! I will finish my balance in 2 months and I will close my account as will my other family members we are all getting ripped off. This GREED is one of the major reasons this country is in such a bad position, it moves/outsources the jobs to pay less to employees then steals from the very people that made them rich.

Capital One should be ashame, and we should destroy any and all Capital one cards, then see how much they can steal. Does anyone know the address for the Board of directors or president of this company?????

We should all write to them, not a P. O Box a physical address and phone number. The CEO is Rich Fairbanks, and the President is Lynn Pike. I need an address if anyone has it.

Thanks for the read.

I too, had been a looong time Capitol One customer, with a Visa and Master Card. Never ever late, always paid above minimum, etc.

About a year ago, they informed me the Visa rate was going up, so I told them to stick their Visa. About a month ago, I got the same notice that you all got, and I have closed my account. That seems to be the only language they understand. I went to my credit union, had my limit raised on my credit union visa so now I have the same limit at one place that I had with both cards.

When one signs a loan contract, the terms cannot be changed. It used to be that way with credit cards, way back when.

It should still be that way. Oh, well, they will go broke, we will bail them out, and they'll start all over.

Make sure you read ALL of those little letters you get from them instead of just your bill. Most of them contain changes of terms.

I have had them for 9 years and have an interest rate of 10.99%. I just got a form letter (went out to everyone) stating their new "default" rates. If I pay my bill after the due date 2 times in the year my interest rate will skyrocket to 29%!!

Late fees have increased to $40. As soon as mine is paid, I am going credit card free.

View more comments (3)

Capital One in Eufaula, Alabama - Knoc off time on Friday

I called Asset Acceptance because I received a letter stating that I owed a credit card, I have never had a credit card. When I called in I was very rudely hung up on before I was finished speaking, I called back and asked for the manager and the gentleman I was speaking with said "OH GOD MAN TAKE CARE OF THIS!" I was then put on the phone with the "manager" who was equally as rude. She informed me it was their closing time and I was their last call. I expect the same respect at 7:00pm as 8:00am, she did not seem to agree and hung up on me. I am a victim of fraud and I need the correct information as to what I need to do. I do not need to be told to file a police report on a matter that is over five years old. I am very PISSED and I will pursue this further with my lawyer and that little lady and gentleman's supervisor.

Capital One Credit Cards

I have used 2 Capital One Credit Cards for over 10 years. I have always paid on time and at least twice the minimum due. I have an excellent credit rating as well. I have now recieved a letter informing me that my interest rate is going up due to the economy. I find this to be totally unacceptable. Why should I be punished for being a upstanding customer? I will no longer be using these cards, and will pay them off in full in a short amount of time and cancel the accounts. It is not my responsibility to bail out this conpany.

Hey, you aren't the only one. Had our account for 11 years.

NEVER a late payment and always a good customer. We got a "change of terms" in the mail stating that our interest rate was going from 10.5% to 17.99%!!! I called and asked them why and after waiting 20 minutes on hold I got to speak to a person I could not understand and only told me that it was stated on my change of terms mail why. No it wasn't I said.

They finally told me that it was because of my account activity. I asked what exactly they meant because I have an excellent record with them. She told me she couldn't say why. I closed my account.

No more credit cards for us. If anyone is thinking of getting a new credit card right now, please think it through and don't forget to read any fine print.

it is not our responsibility to bail out the company but it looks like our tax money already did, now they are stickin it to us, well i got a little somethin for them , a little message if you will

..I..

View more comments (1)

Capital one

i've had an account for about 10 years, 7.9%, no annual fees. never near my limit in spending, never missed a payment, never late on a payment. usually pay my balance every month. i also got the "due to economy" letter my rate is now 17.9% i paid off what little i owned them i was gonna cancel but will keep it open for the to maintain and cut the card up. thru phone calls they assured me it was nothing i did to drive up the rate. certainly it must be greed cuz they didn't make really make any money off of me.

Capital One Harassment of OAP 68 Years Old

In Oct of 2006 I paid of capital one with a Cheque and a letter to end my account with them, That was the last statement ever received from capital one, early this year I see they never canceled my direct debit and had taken over £500 out of my account, and now sending me Default charges of £12 to a debt that they cannot prove exists, I ask for prove of account and why they never sent statements since October 2006 all l get is excuses to why thy cannot, send them, all I need is prove of a account, Think before dealing with Capital one

I have a a capitol one businness card for years all of a sudden my balance went from under 200.00 to over nine they said I was past due and had over the limit charges and late fee which ran it up. Which was not the case.

I canceled the card and paid the balance I knew I owed they continue to harass me and even with the card canceled the balance continues to grow. Think twice my friend about what's in your wallet

Review

Capital one--rips off the consumer

terrible company--been ripping off consumers for years--taking tarp money and victimizing the consumers--they work with a bunch of shady lawyers that will take a small debt and run it up to thousand of dollars very quickly--in late fees etc--then take you to small claims court and get a judgement and attach wages and your bank account--they are thieves- when they take you to court the shady lawyer says he wants 60% of an outrageous amount to clear the debt before the hearing---when you say no he says you dont know what life is about--really --i thought it was about being fair and honest----maybe i missed something along the way---they are like mafia---consumers come forth and put this company to account for their fraud--they belong in jail--they use district justices which may be on their payroll to create this crime against innocent comsumers--lets put a stop to this--i am going to start a web sit based on helping the consumer--lets stop complainging and do someting about it--we the people have the power--hey that reminds me-"WE THE PEOPLE"--did i hear that somewhere before--america lets roll!!! and take our rights back--dont let people say you dont know and have to listen to us or else--tell them perhaps "you" are wrong and "we are the people"--thanks for reading--rick

Beware when there collection office calls you, it's not in the United States. You are really speaking with someone in India.

I will pay my bill, but then I'm not doing business with them anymore, it's the only thing they understand. Not only this, when you call the 800 number on the back of your card, even though the number my be in the US, it will transfer you to their office in India or the Phillipines. That's not right either.

I encourage all Capital One customers to pay off their cards, cancel them, and do business elsewhere. If they don't get our money, they will get the message.

Capital One in Charlottesville, Virginia - THEIFS

I got a 300.00 card from Capital One, I charged 260.00 on the card shortly after that I lost my job, I called them to make arrangments and they refused them. It wasn't long I got a bill from them in the amount of 1200.00. Just starting a new job, I called them and ask the amount and told them I was going to attempt to pay the bill with my tax money. They took every dime I had out of the bank. I am broke. I called them and ask if they would take payments again. They refused

I heard that if you are being foreclosed upon, you can demand they produce the original instrument (your actual mortgage paperwork). If they can't, they can't take your home.

It's good for about a year of keeping a roof over your head. They sell your mortgage debt often, so chances are good they can't come up with it.

Good luck, everybody! We are being eaten alive!

Someone needs to part a Ryder Truck in front of their building for being vicious bastards that they are.

andy1681

lets hear your thoughts on these thieves--they are destroying our futures as well as our children's futures--it is so bad someone has to speak out--we give billions of dollars for really no reason--other than to line their pockets with more money--america lets speak up--let us not become a land of sheep!!!

hey terry thats what they do---they sue you and win unfavorable judgements against you with district justices that they know--our systems here in the us is beginning to break down--when does the common guy get a break--they (the credit card companies) borrow at 1% and charge us 24% and on top of that we pay them bail outs--now what did p.t. barnum say?? well asucker is born every minute and i guess looking at this we consumers are the suckers!!!!

crooks---they give the debt to shady lawyers to get your money and raid your bank account----i will be back to give you the names of some of the lawyers they use--they belong in jail- right nest to bernie madoff--they sell the debt to these shady lawyers for an amount they work out----they take tarp money and screw the consumer--we tax payers are paying for them to victimize us--what a sham!!!!!

They just can't take money from your bank account, they need a court order to do that. So you were sued and they got a judgement which they addeed attorney fees, court costs, and interest.

Capital one does not play nice

View more comments (5)

Capital One in Roseville, Minnesota - Credit cards

capital one credit cards sucks poor consumer service dont apply for one im on a special program for credit increase after 3 months i went over 1.89 then they tell there a program not let u go over your limit after i did so i lost a 500 dollars increase over a dollar eighty nine cents all they said theres nothing we can do over over over dont apply total losers losers losers they dont care all they going do is rip u off so beware i didnt warn you unhappy in minnesota lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Just wait until they jack your interest rate up by 15%