Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Capital One in Lafayette, Louisiana - Why make on line login so difficult

It's a shame that capital one makes it so difficult for their customers to simply LOGIN. Shame on you. Where is your login link for your checking account. Time is important to everyone. Why make it so difficult. Why do I have to spend hours and still cant find where I am supposed to login to see my information in my checking account. With all the modern technology you ought to be able to do something better as a bank. This is unbelievable. Is this about exposing consumers to other links that afford you a profit. I am totally upset and others need to know about this.
Reason of review
Poor customer service
I co-signed a loan for an x-friend of mine. He has the only set of keys to the vehicle and is not paying. He's changed his cell phone number, so I'm getting all the harrassing calls. The bank keeps telling me they're going to ruin my credit, but they don't seem to want...

Actually, ONLY THE SIGNER on the account is allowed to request voluntary repossession. Even if the 3rd party is listed on the account as an ok-to-talk-to person, or what have you, if his name is not on the loan.

COAF will not repossess. So you can call and request voluntary repossession. And then you would have to pay the total amount due to recover it. They can't take it, and then give it to you.

But you need the location of the vehicle. If you know this guy's information, or whatever, do what you can to find him.

Go online and search him, or something. And when you do, just call COAF and request voluntary repo as a last resort.

View more comments
Loss
Because it has a a very low credit limit, I use a Capital One credit card for Internet purchases (about $20/month on average) so as to isolate my Internet purchases from my main accounts. Recently I inadvertently made a $5000 mortgage payment to my Capital One Credit...

Did you ever get your refund? We recently made a similar mistake (double-payment) and was wondering if there was something that you did that got Capital One to make the refund. Thanks.

Review

CAPITAL ONE needs to get sued for wasting time!

IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry! For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number. Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years. Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined. I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-***" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities. What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card. Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what? Card is still declined and the phone goes dead! Unbelievable!

Kess, you are just very lucky.

I have been with them for over 15 years. They don't raised my rate or anything, but when my card was charged twice for the same amount, I called them.

Customer service is somewhere in India and those people couldn't seem to understand that there's no fraud. What does it take for them to understand? I was on the phone for over an hour and a half.

After a month of sending in documentations and phone calls and emails, they are charging me again for the same *** amount but sending me a new card and asking me to fill out a fraud form.

Do they understand English, or do we need to speak another language to them?

Just another customer with the same issues all the rest that have taken the time to post this complaint. 10 years customer with Capital One never late.

Had a car loan with Capital One and paid it off 4 years early. Credit score 761. Raised interest rate for no reason except cost of doing business. Called India could not understand anything plus noise in backgroud made it worse.

Last call was to

Porta Rico. Got no where and asked to speak to an American and Peggy hung up did not even get to hear Happy time Ring. We bail them out, loan Capital One money at 1% & intern they loan it back at 18.9% People what is wrong with this picture.

It is time to VOTE THEM out like we did our Congress/Senators. We need a TEA Party for Banks...

Come on american people, lets get wise here, if the people at captial one cannot speak english then, we all know that they are in business to scam americans, right? Let's think about why the interest rate, minimum payments, and outrageous fees got out of control.

They do not deserve to paid everything that they have scammed and cheated the americans out of. They know that this has always been a wealthy country and they want a piece our rock even if it means frauding us. So lets get smart, no use (of card) no abuse (from them).

They get you into debt and turn you over to a collector, they accepted bail out money from the feds and then sold off the debts to priviate individuals.

Thats how they are getting rich off their victims.

CAPITAL ONE SUCKS!!! They recently lowered my minimum to just over the total due.

Not considering the charges pending they were trying to put me over the limit. I have been with them for over 8 years.. excellent payment history with a 765 fico. Paying it off and done with them.

THEY SUCK!!!

I hope they go under. :(

Capital one auto does not do refis for auto loans. you are told this in your contract. read before you sign...DUH!

I want to put my imput on this capital One, its storming out in the State of Maine where there are limited gas stations, we are about out of gas and go to use are card guess what same thing there is a HOLD on the FUNDS. WTF????

This has happened to us for 3 months in a row now and I have to call and have the hold removed. They then said are checking account did not exist and rejected my credit card payment. Who the *** does that? There nothing but a scam.

I have now filed with the BBB and if this continues we are going to file a law suit against them.

They are hanging up in the middle of calls refusing to give me my right information and continue to HOLD funds. We have had enough of this !

badge203

I have a credit score of 750, been a Capital One customer for 9 years and I have two accounts with them. Today I get a letter that they are raising my interest rate from 6% to 16.5%.

Mind you I have never missed a payment, never been late in any of my payments to any of my creditors, I own my home, have 2 cars, been employed in the same job in law enforcement for 25 years, and the person they sent me to in India who really needs to learn English better was a complete joke. Capital One just lost a 9 year, never missed a payment, never paid late customer because of nothing but pure GREED

I had Capital One with a 9.9% fixed interest rate. I never missed a payment and was never late on a payment.

I got a letter in the mail saying that my interest rate was going up to 19.99%.

They said it was due to costs. I ended up cancelling them on the spot.

What a way to reward a responsible customer.

:zzz Capital One="What can we steal from your wallet"?

all i want to do is find a person that speaks english at capital one. somebody that will not transpose my information.

i pay in u.s.

dollars, i am an american, applied in english, receive my incorret statements in english. as for their employee number do not try to reference it because it is as bogus as capital one

Wow, this is surprising. I have had Capitol One for 8 years and have never had a problem.

As a matter of fact I have had my interest rate lowered two times (currently 14%) because of a good payment history.

I've also had disputes with charges and they have been excellent in resolving them. Either I'm lucky or you guys aren't being honest.

I agree with the Idiots poster.

Pay the card off, then cut it up and never use it again.

DON'T cancel the card, just never use it again... hence, never having to deal with this BS again.

Joliebean

You should not have held up that line. I would've been glaring at you too. Sort your mess out at home, lady.

Capital One is used to help people with bad credit re-establish credit. If you aggree to a high finance charge, then so be it as you are a high credit risk in the first place which means no other company or bank will take you on.

Once you re-build your credit, then pay the card off, and keep it active so it shows an open balance which will boost your score.

Then put the card in the closet and forget about it.

Again, if your credit has improved you will get credit cards with higher limits from Visa directly, Discover or Amex which means that you pay your bills on time, or in full. If you can only afford the minimum payment...maybe you shouldn't have a credit card in the first place?

I have spent years to rebuild my credit after a divorce, and now have a 700+ score. I pay way more than the minimum on my card with them and have never had a late pymnt.

I only have 2 credit cards total & treat them like gold because I want to keep my good score. Cap One refuses to lower my interest rate from 24% and will not do a refi for my car note. They are using old credit info and will not update their records.

I am paying off that card completely and cancelling it. I don't need these vultures anymore.

My husband was very loyal to Capital One for 3 years, using it for his business and charging large amounts. Then he started to receive statements with unknown finance charges.

When he called customer service in India, they refused to explain what it was for and take the charges off. When he said I won't use the card anymore, they simply didn't care.

View more comments (16)

Capital One Bad Business Practice and Harrasement

For 6 months now Capital One has sought to strong arm additonal money from my husband's and my account. Initally they stated they did not recieve a payment. Numerous calls, e-mails, tradtional mail and faxing of the bank statemnt which indicates their receipt of the payment has not altered their response. They continue now to add late fees and interest. They call daily to harrass us to make a payment on charges we did not incur. They have hung up on us when we have attempted to resolve this. This is now appearing on our credit report as a late payment and is affecting our score. Has this occured to anyone else? Aside from providing the credit bureaus with copies of our efforts to include in our report, what else can be done to end this?

Capital one repeatedly said my payment was late each and every time I made a payment. I even tried sending the payment the very day the statement came out and they still said it was, amazingly, one day late.

Of course this would cause a late fee each time and soon an over the limit fee causing me to have to make a large payment on an otherwise small balance just to get it down below the limit. All this was to no avail because when I sent the payment again, it was late. I told them this was a scam and they said they were not responsible for my post office being slow and that I should use Western Union.

They were very nasty and even hung up on me when I said they were doing this on purpose that there was no way my payments were one day late ever time especially when I sent them the day the statement came in the mail. I have heard many many complaints about this company and wish I would of heard these things before I became involved with them.

powerfulwoman

Card is still declined and the phone goes dead! Unbelievable!

View more comments (1)

Capital One Auto Finance

I applied for a car loan from Capital One Auto Finance and was approved. I clearly put in my application that the purchase was from a used dealer and of course it was approved. When I called a week later to check on my ( blank check) they said we don't do used dealer financing so why then if that was the case did they run my credit report? I filed a real complaint with the federal Trade Commission and so should anyone else that had the same kind of problem. It is a breach of privacy to pull someone's credit history without a reason and since they don't do used dealer financing (even though they advertise it) they had no legal right to run my credit...........steer clear of them at all cost!!!!!

I need the address for Capital One Auto Bill Pay

Capital One Bank called me from India at 2 am

After many months I am still getting calls from India telling me that my account is late, I guess the time change has not been told to the India workers of Capital One Bank. My account was closed and paid off, now they tell me that my account was not closed and I was charged a fee for having the account and then I did not pay the fee and now I got a late fee and over the limit fee for a account that I did closed many months ago. This was done for two charged card accounts that were closed and paid off. All fees from the bank and no items were charged to the two accounts. How can they do this and keep calling me at 2 am from India and the bank does not care. I write and call and write and call and no one cares. James Staley, Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Please intimate location of Capital one bank and ATM machine in Nagpur city (India Country). Also intimate from which ATM machine cash can be withdrawn, if i have Capital one bank ATM master card.

Capital One mailed me a credit card with a $250.00usd limit but at that time I had two other cards that combined, the limit was over $6000.00usd and in great standing. I did not apply for the capital one card so I called them to cancel it but they tried to talk me into keeping it.

I was persistent about not wanting to so they cancelled the card and charged me $6.00usd that appeared on my credit report and it took me over a year to get them to clear this off my report. I know it isnt much but the fact is that they seem to be able to do what they want, how they want, and to whomever they choose.

Yesterday, I called the Customer Service dept. at the CHASE Bank

checking account dept and I got a man from India and when i asked him for some one that could speak English better than him, he hung up on me and when i called back, I got some one in Honduras and he could not speak English any better. it is a shame that Banks from American are out sourcing to other Countries.

View more comments (2)
Review

Capital One is a poorly run company

Capital One allowed a illegal charge to my credit card. I disputed the charge and they did a very poor job in checking the situation out. I had to take the company that made the illegal charge to small claims court where I received a judgment for the full amount. I would not have had to go through all this if Capital One would have taken a serious look into the situation. I would recommend that anyone who has a Capital One credit card look for another card service provider. My credit score is over 825 so they lost a good customer.
Review
Today i tried to withdraw my cash from Capital One Bank 42nd street branch. They told me the max i could have is 10,000 if i wanted more I would have to order it for some time next week. 20 branches in Manhattan and all they could give me was $10,000 cash from my...

most banks in the us, including capitol one, have a daily withdraw limit. The max they are allowed to give anyone in a single day.

Anything more has to be ordered through corporate. That's the standard with any bank.

I have a capitol one bank account, and i have been more than satisfied with them than any other bank i have ever been to. You should try exercising patience, instead of having a childish fit

View more comments
Loss

Capital One in Washington, District Of Columbia - Called me from India at 2 am

Capital one bank, has workers calling me at 2am, 3am for many month telling me I owe for a account that I have closed many months ago and the money that they feel I owe is for their fees for having a capital one card, and late fees for not paying for their fees, when I did close the account. when I call them, and I write, they tell me I did not close the account and they can call when ever they want until I pay their fees. It is bad enough to get the calls during the night, but they can not even speak English. James Staley, Ann Arbor, MI. staley-james@sbcglobal.net.

re: tired of loosers

"I think you need to worry about your witting first before their English."

You have spelled "losers" and "writing" incorrectly. And all this in a post admonishing someone about his writing. Brilliant.

All you have to do is write them a letter stating you wish to only be contacted by mail and not by phone and they have to stop.

I think you need to worry about your witting first before their English. then you need to stop being full of ***.

They don't call anyone at 3am. If they do that's you're fault for not having your phone number in the correct time zone.

View more comments (2)