Capital one Auto Finance -- JOBS

Capital one Auto Finance I am just glad that they are having a difficult time in obtaining their goal – cause they played on the minds, hearts and soul of every employee worked for them… They are terrible. And I mean terrible… they have no sense of humanity and humility when it comes to treat people. They are cold hearted and corrupt… if you are offered a job by COAF – please, and I mean please don’t take it unless you are a kind of person who is willing to be a beast like them… they are so corrupt, they are willing to cheat their customers, workers and third party in order to pocket the cash!!!
Richardson, Texas

Capital One is Terrible

I have had nothing but problems with Capital One. If anyone is thinking of becoming a consumer, DON'T DO IT! They will slap you with late fees and change your due dates without your knowledge. And their customer service is terrible. They aren't willing to drop late fees even though it's their mistake!! I wish I could pay off my credit card immediately. Too bad I owe them, I guess that's how they do business, shady company! I am not the only person who has problems with this company. I know of other people as well. Beware!
Elmhurst, Illinois
Loss

Capital One Auto Finance HOLDS YOUR BANK INFORMATION WITHOUT PERMISSION!!

I have had my loan with CAP One for years now, but not my choice. My bank sold it to them. I was upset about this. Things were good, then I moved to Georgia. I missed my payment, was late about 30 days before I was able to get a job to pay. I called them to give them my new address. From time I moved to time I was able to get into a place, 26 days. 5 days after I called them, they repoed my car. I was mad about that. I had to borrow money, I just started my new job. *** huh. Gets better. Have you ever made an online payment? Or made a check over the phone payment. Well last night, I got a call from Cap One, wanting their payment. I told them when they would have it, and apologized, since I was unemployed for about 45 days. They said ok, we can setup a payment for you. What are the last 4 of your SSN. I gave it to him. Then he said, ok, what is the last four of your checking account. I was like - WTF?!!!! How on earth do you have my account information. The only time I would have ever used it was for the online session you can setup to make your car payment, and there is no reason a collections rep should have that information. I WAS SHOCKED. I then asked, can you see more then 4 of my SSN, he said no. I then asked, can you see all of my account number, My mouth dropped when he said yes. He could see my banking name, routing number, THE WHOLE THING!! Everything he could want for the taking. My information is in Cap One's system for them to pass out to all of the high risk employees they have to begin with. We all know how collections are - high turn over rate. I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor. John Lanford got on the phone, told me that he would see what he could do to get it removed. I never gave them permission to have it to begin with. I am determined to get this information erased. He told me that it holds in the system the last way that a payment was made. So to me that says, that at any moment someone wants to be a ***, or hates me because I am rude to them, they can initiate and auto deduct payment from my account because they already have my information. And who knows how trustworthy their employees are. To top it all off, when I called them about 2 weeks before Christmas to let them know my payment would be about a month late due to unemployment, the rep was shockingly nice to me. He told me he understood, and said that I could get a deferment. I had heard of this before because my sister told me about it with her loan company. I asked about it when I moved out to Georgia, the time the repoed my car. They told me it was not an option, and I would not be able to . This time I said something about it, and the supervisor, who did not offer it, then openly said he would do what it takes to make sure I could get it, and help me out in anyway that he can. This tells me that Cap One is illegally holding my information, and making it available to all of their employees who have access to the system. Thank God I have employee benefits that have allowed me legal advice 24/7. I will be using that benefit before the end of this week if that supervisor does not call me back.

I currently work at COAF. And the previous comments were correct, the account information is saved from over the phone payment, or previous lender perhaps.

That information is not obtainable by any other means. Also, deferments are granted if your account meets specific criteria. It is not something that any rep, or manager can control. The rep just checks the system to see if your account is eligible, and the system will automatically say yes or no.

Nothing personal. And it is not the only option. They have a payment plan. And they also have hardship.

Hardship would be my last option, because although they are lowering your monthly payments, it also extends your contract. SO, if you are not eligible for an extension (deferment), maybe a payment plan will suit you best.

COAF's system gives reps more than one tool to help with a customer's specific situation. Good luck.

Most of what MavGev said is true. Personally I never witnessed one collector taking a manager call for another... no one wanted to be involved with that, because honestly the collectors don't get paid enough to listen to the customer's (mostly idiotic) complaints.

Second, if you were only late about 30 days on your payment, your car would not have been repossessed. They will not repo until the account goes over 60 days the least, but will sometimes give you 80 days or more.

Third, like MavGev said, you must have done a payment over the phone in the past in order to have the bank account information. Routing number and account number from the last phone payment you made are saved to your account, the bank name is not as it is not needed. And of course your social security number is kept on file as it is used for verification purposes. If they didn't have it, anyone could call in claiming to be you. And by the way, you shouldn't be worried about someone stealing your SSN. Besides it being ***, illegal, and all the obvious reasons, no one is going to steal the identity of someone in collections. Having the credit of someone who has had their car repossessed and has been late on payments would be useless.

I know this for a fact because I've worked for them at one point...when you ask for a supervisor, they will just get another collector to take the call. An "Account Manager" or "Senior Risk Specialist" or "Senior Risk Associate"is not at all an actual manager, it is just another collector, with a fancy name meant to throw off customers.

I know who John Lanford is, and he is not a manager....he is a collector who was given the phone call to do a "Supervisor Call"....probably because a manager was nowhere to be found. That is deception on COAF's fault, and I'd call them out on it if I were you.

Regarding your bank account, you must have made over the phone payments at one point with the previous company you were financed through....be mad at them for giving it to COAF. It is not illegal for them to have you bank account information, since you are the one who gave it to them (or your previous finance compay) in the first place. I love it when customers turn into attorneys.

And yes, they can see your entire social security number on their screen, but nobody is going to do anything with it. The collectors there see thousands of SSN's during the week, it's not a big deal. Trust me, there are easier ways of getting your SSN.

Also, you may not be eligible for a deferment ever in your loan. Don't get mad about it...there are other ways to get caught up.

View more comments (2)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Capital One Checking Account

Deceptive Charges from Capital One

Capital One deception on member fee was never disclosed anywhere – even in the fine print of the initial credit card offer and believe me I scrutinized this thoroughly as I do on every offer prior to applying for the card. I was incredulous to receive the credit card and discover that the credit limit was abhorrently low - $500, hardly worth the effort. I called customer service to request a cancel on the card but stupidly let myself get talked into keeping it. Upon return from a holiday vacation I found a Capital One bill for the member fee of $39!!! I had not even used the card yet and was assessed a nearly 8% fee!! I attempted to call customer service to dispute the charge and review the customer bill of rights but was unable to reach a live person nor was I able to access any of the legal information from their website so am forced to take the time to write a letter!!! Who has the time to wait for a response via snail mail and the apparent run around is incredibly annoying. I wouldn’t be surprised if they charged a monthly membership fee for the 2 months they require the card to hold a $0 balance before they will allow it to be closed! It sounds suspiciously like an elaborate scam to nickel and dime unsuspecting consumers.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Capital One Credit Card
Loss

Capital One credit card complaint!

I have had a Capital One PLATINUM Credit Card for over a month. I still cannot access my account statement online. (Although I can pay my bill online). Each time I send an e-mail complaint, I am told to call customer service (who are "offshore" - i.e. India). They are unable to help me either, I am told they are having "computer problems". This has been going on for over a month!!!. The worst customer support I have ever experienced. Tried calling thier VP's with no luck and no one at the VA office would help me. Stay Away.....
#519666

I just files a complaint to FTC & State:

CaptialOne System Errors Causes Customers Suffer a Big Lost.

The CapitalOne Credit card company advertises and frequently sends promotion checks to customers allowing them to use checks for purchases, cash, or transfers with no transaction fees. However, their system automatically put on hold customers credit account for trivial/wrong reason. Consequently, customers suffer charge back for returned checks and fee for cancelled checks even they have never spent over limit on their CapitalOne credit accounts.

On 7/17/2012 I paid $2000 for my credit line of $2000. CapitalOne accepted this payment and my balance became -$90. That meant CapitalOne owed me $90 and my balance had $2000 available. The next day, 7/18/2012 I wrote a CaptialOne promotion check #12923 of $1800 and deposited to my checking account at Bank of America. However, until 5 days later, on 7/23/2012 I knew the check was denied. Bank of America charged back $12 for returned check and subtracted $1800 from my bank account. I also suffered fees from other cancelled checks due to insufficient checking account at BOA.

On 7/24/2012 My account balance is $0, my available credit $2000, I wrote another check #12924 of $1820. Still, again my account is on hold due to other banks deposit $3000 into my account on 7/26/2012.

I contacted CapitalOne five times about this problem. They said: "An account will be put on hold if there is (1) Large amount of payment or (2) Multiple payments. It is automatically system, they cannot change it.

These are wrong reasons because Capital accepts large amount and multiple payments from customers. Why did they accept payment and then put on hold their customer account? They can put on hold the amount deposited until it is cleared. But they should not put on hold consumer credit line or their entire credit account. Put on hold credit line and put on hold the check is different matter.

CapitalOne said they want to make sure the amount received is cleared. However, the amount should be cleared before posting the transaction. They should post only after the amount is cleared and should give the accurate balance on their customer credit accounts. For example, it is very confused for customer having balance negative -90 after paying $2000, but credit is not available as if they paying late. The payment from customer in large amount to CapitalOne is not customers' false. Customers do not spend over limit on their account. Instead, customers pay to increase the amount available on their account. It is different from late payment.

CapitalOne also failed to notify me about their decline as they stated in section “Important Information About this Offer” on the info how to use Capitalcheck promotion.

I believe hundred thousand customers have been suffered such wrong and unfair practice. FTC and STATE should investigate to protect other Citizens from this error.

I want CaptialOne pay back any charge back fee by Bank of America, other cancelled check fees, and other lost due to CapitalOne system error.

I recently applied for Capital One gold card. Once I received the card, even before activating it got a call from their anti fraud department saying that they have seen some discrepancy in my credit reports.

I don’t know which one these people are checking but this is definitely not my first credit card because I have few other credit cards and not even mentioning a new mortgage with a new institution and no one has ever said anything about this to me before. They are basically asking me to send them a whole bunch of documentation to prove to them that I’m actually the one who applied for the card. At this point I’m fed up with Capital one, however I feel if I don’t prove to them my identity this would tarnish my credit store. Their customer service is awful and they treat you like a criminal, and they actually keep you on line waiting for 20 minutes before actually answering your call.

I really regret to have applied for this card. If they saw a discrepancy as they say in my credit report why did they send me that card in the first place? And when I ask them what the discrepancy is they don’t even want to assist me. I don’t care about their card anymore.

All I want to do now is to clear my name, activate the card and cancel it right away. This is warning to everyone out there, DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD.

I have had no luck with their customer service either. They do not care about their customers, the care about their revenue more. Not consumer friend'y, since issues never get resolved.

They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. I've sent 3 emails and call the customer service call center 5 times regarding the same issue.

Nothing has been resolved.

I'm not going to let this rest. I plan to contact the company's officers.

Totally true. I'm sorry to tell you, but it is not going to change.

I've have a Platinum card with Capital One for over 5 months. Still can not view anything online. I can pay online, but that's about it. After calling 1-800-INDIA all of the time to politely ask about this situation and getting no results, I gave up.

Unfortunately when I first got the credit card I also opened a High Yield Money Market.

Same problem online. Can't see transactions, locations, amounts...If you're big with online banking, I would not recommend Capital One.

View more comments (4)
West Hills, California

Cap one defends crooks

i was staying at the holday inn in albany new york when i used my cap one card in the hotel store to make a 3 dollar purchase. bad idea. months after i left the hotel fully paid up on gov't service the new manager at the holiday inn decided i still owed another 1254. and found the 3 dollar charge and put the 1254. charge on a 800. credit card that had 100. free on it. so i had 1954. on a 800. card and a 1100. minimum payment and couldn't dispute the charge with holiday and cap one refused to take it off saying it was in their rights to charge me over for it and all the fees too. now with the attorney general's office.
Binghamton, New York

Someone stole my identity

what i dont understand is that i never recieved a card with capital one and three months later i recieved a statement saying i owed them over 5,000. the question that keeps running through my mind is why i never recieved a phone call, you can pull up phone numbers through crediut reports and second why wasnt the account red flagged when the charges were made within a two to three week period maxing out the credit card. i will never apply with capital one i know they are only trying to keep me as a customer for the future telling me that they will find the person and prosecute. if that was they case half of the united states woudl be in jail. i know they will clear my name i just feel that they need to do a better job for proving identity for when one applys with them.
Herndon, Virginia
Capital One Account

Incompetance at it highest level

My representative made and agreement with Rubin and Rothman attorney Mr. Anderson in July of 2007. I sent my payment in as agreed upon and in October 2007, I received a letter from Rubin and Rothman advising (with attached court paper) that they sort judgment against me.Confused, I called Rubin and Rothman and spoke with a Mr. Anderson who was very professional. Basically he advised me they recieved my payments, but they had no record of the stipulation agreement. I faxed the stipulation agreement to Rubin and Rothman as agreed. I followed up with a call to Rubin and Rothman and spoke to a Mrs. Freed who seem to be recovering from a hangover. Needless to say that conversation when no where. I later spoke to her supervisor, Ms. Dez who was even more pathatics. I have never dealth with a law firm as unprofessional as Rubin and Rothman. They unprofessional, intimidating, and un ethical for a law firm. I had to laugh at signed document they presented to the court indicating that their processor served a female age 38, with brown eyes, and black hair with court papers, because I live along. Take my advise, get and attorney and have them deal with those clowns.

I had almost and identicle dealing with this firm. Do not agree to any payment plan with them they are not going to abide by it - get legal help but donot agee to anything!!!

New York, New York
Loss

Capital One practices FRAUD!

For about 5 months my husband has been trying to close his Capital One account. He called and paid off the entire balance and asked to have the card cancelled. Everything seemed fine, they said it was now cancelled. Soon after my husband started getting bills from...

what is it going to take for colorado attorney general to sue this company in a class action suit like west virginia did for violations of the law

View more comments
Agoura Hills, California
Capital One Account

Now that the debt is paid...surprise!

On November 26th, 2007, according to the letter received from the debt collector they use (AIC), the debt is now settled in full. We own our truck, free and clear? Not quite. There is still the matter of a lien release...a matter not being solved to our satisfaction at all. Capital One Auto Finance has repeatedly told us that the account still shows as delinquent. Capital One is required by law to report this as settled in full to one or more tax authorities. It states this in the letter we received. When we call Capital one, we are immediately transfered to the debt collector. The debt collector transfers us to the nice lady at Capital One who is in charge of accounts which have been turned over to AIC. This number is never answered by a human being. We explain the situation and leave our account number, name and telephone number. The calls are never returned. We are now on a mission. Now that the tables have turned and the debt has been paid in full, we will call the nice lady's number every hour, on the hour, around the clock. If our calls are not returned within a two week time period, we will retain an attorney to deal with this "Fortune 500 Company". If you want an honest evaluation of how Capital One Auto Finance treats their customers, ask the "Unfortunate 500,00+" who deal with them, wise up, and stay as far away as possible.

And who knows how trustworthy their employees are.

To top it all off, when I called them about 2 weeks before Christmas to let them know my payment would be about a month late due to unemployment, the rep was shockingly nice to me. He told me he understood, and said that I could get a deferment. I had heard of this before because my sister told me about it with her loan company. I asked about it when I moved out to Georgia, the time the repoed my car. THey told me it was not an option, and I would not be able to .

Pittsburg, Kansas

Stay Away from Capital One Auto Finance

We had the unfortunate experience of having a car repossed due to falling behind on payment due to a work related injury and surgery. Capital One was not helpful at all. A verbal agreement was reached to pay $xxx dollars a month until paid. In Oct 07 we received a...

I cannot for the life of me get a human being on the phone at capital one auto finance!!!!!!!! I am so angry!

and once I finally do they tell me that they are not closed for the hrs they tell you on the automated phone number! the rep straight up said to me "huh?, we aren't closed at those times" they want you to be late on your payments to collect the late fees! why wont the government or the B.B.B. do anything to theses people..

ill tell you why, its money! im thankful I got a loan but sometimes wish I never did because this is such a hassel. they call me at home while im at work and I even gave them my cell number but they never call it. I bet if my payments were late 3 months (the repo time limit) I bet you any money they would call my cell.

what a crock.

never again with capital one.. never!

View more comments