Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Capital One in Stone Mountain, Georgia - ID Theft Allowed - Will not protect your from losses

My capital one credit card information was stolen and the thief used it to run up over a thousand dollars worth of charges. Capital One wants to hold me responsible for all the charges. I have perfect credit, the account has always been paid on time...the charges took place in the Miami area and we live in Atlanta. Capital One will not tell me how to clear my account or my credit...every time I do what they ask, ie the file a police report, they want me to do something else. They will not tell me what I need to to complete this process. They also continue to charge me finance charges against the outstanding charges and will not share important information with me regarding the charges. I tried to close my account, but they continue to send me cashier checks...they are really screwed up. I am left with no choice but to stop playing their game and deny paying them which will hurt my credit and cost me more money in the long run...so much for credit card companies having your back....Capital One is hurting financially from the mortgage crisis and seem more interested in screwing their customer....Capital One Sucks....Do not use them!!!

Capital One Auto

I have never had so many problems as I have with Capital One. As of yesterday, they told me I owed $2,052 immediately or they would pick up the vehicle. Mind you I had a statement showing how much my payment was and which was remitted. I had two extensions on the loan way back and they stated that was the reason - at the end of the contract - however they did not say that at the time of extensions. Never, never will I do business with Capital One Again! The people they have working there are totally rude and you will get a different story everytime you call. Example - last year received a sum of money called in and stated I was sending the money to pay payments ahead - was told perfectly fine. As it turned out they will only accept 3 payments at a time. Never once was this stated and trying to get this figured out was so time consuming.

i have had major problems wiht them as well. They told me that they were retrorating my account before i left on delployment, since i had bought the car on active duty, and that would put me ahead.

They also told me the exact amount of the new payment and when to start paying it, including a one time payment to get me even before they did this. i have all proof in writting and in statements. well, eight months into my deployment, my poa tells me that i am 9 mos behind on my car payment, even though i had been paying $150 more than payment amount and had been making dual payments during several months. Well, when i got home, it took me 6 mos to get an explanation of that the original person involved had miscommunicated with me they were sorry.

I did credit disputes and everything trying to get those months of late payments removed, because i was and am being denied for my first home due to this.

Sorry just does not cut it. I will never choose them as my lender again.

#119003

Dear "me"

Eat ***

stop trolling a**wipe.

#119001

Dear me,

Eat ***

I have a great idea. If everyone of you whinny people would just make your payments on time.

Like the contract stated this site would not even exist. Or lets gripe that you do not read the contract when the company lends you $20,000 to buy the car that you picked out.

lets gripe that they make money by lending you money or credit. Just make you payments---- nough said

Capital One is full of ***.

I would have gladlt paid all my payments as required, in fact I did for 3 years. You smart as SOB.

I hope you can't find a job for 2 years and your wife doe not get cancer with out med insurance, and her medication alone is $11,000.

00 per month. SO *** Y@@!!

COAF works in simple interest loans, if you understand that, you would understand why your payoff was so much. For one, when you get a deferment, it extends your loan out a month, but by not paying in that month your paying more in interest when you do make payments, therefor less goes to principle and you end up with a balloon payment at the end. Also, how many payments you had over 30 dpd comes into account, if you continually made late payments, more went to interest and less to principle.

And your concern about paying ahead, if customers actually read their contracts, they would notice it states you can pay 3 months ahead, whatever is over goes to principle, unless otherwise specified.

No one should be complaining about Capital One Auto, if you did what you signed in the contract to do, which is to make your payment BY the due date EVERY month, there would be absolutely no problem. Read the fine print.

@***ed COAF employee

Ever heard of Soldiers and Sailors relief act? Learn your FDCPA laws before you speak!

View more comments (7)
Loss
using the number 1-800-955-6600, Capitol One Telemarketers never stop calling my home number trying to get me to buy something. I hang up or let them know my disgust; however, they are relentless. calls start at 7:30 a.m. and continue until 9P.M. Capitol One has to be...

I get phone call from capital one every day and now during the night

Is anybody have an idea on how to stop them from doing that ???

View more comments
Loss

Capital One in Assonet, Massachusetts - Sue them sue them i am sueing them for geving my id away sue them and they will not show up in cour

sue them i am for 4080.00 and they they will not show up in court cost to much and they will not win no one likes cap one *** does not last long in the usa my be inda. this is not inda my be thats why cap one is they so out of the usa and i hope they show up in court so i can show the mass, court that the police had to be put on hold for 60days on my about my id that was stolen becuse of this co. and they made it hard to get copys of bal trans checks police dept.also cap one will not change my address for ayear now i get two days to pay mybill sue sue sue them now you will not be sorry

I realize everyone makes the occasional spelling or grammatical error. But when a person posts something so fraught with them reading become difficult, three things, at least, happen:

1. I don't understand the post.

2. I take it the poster of the post doesn't really care that much neither for the subject of his own post, nor for its reader. In other words, the poster isn't taking things seriously and cares less if s/he is wasting my time.

3. I generally do not go back to try to figure it out.

Please do better in the future.

I can see by what little you have written none of you are telling the whole story. Stolen ID??

Do you know that your ID can be stolen from anywhere. Several companies tj max hannafords just to name a few had 1000's of customers info compromised.

Not Capital Ones fault ***. Read the fine print and pay your bills on time you will have no problem.

Iam so tired of home call from NCO and Capitol One, Iam sueing, My stepson owes the bill not me, Iam 75 yrs old and they just laught at me and Iam disabled and in a scooter. They are as corupt and try to intimidate and when you say you are recording there call they hand up.

NO Guts, Bring them on, at 75 I am ready to take them to the highest court for respecting one pravicy, and to the senate and the house if I have too. Ive never been afarid of loan sharks or liers. even those so called lawyers that tell you the law when I have it on my computer right in front of me.

they are liers, liers, so come on, Iam ready. bullies never did anything for me except be cowards.

Learn Learn Learn English!

That is BY FAR the longest run on "sentence" ive EVER seen.

Seriously, none of this makes any sense.

View more comments (3)

Capital One

I had a Capital One credit card. At first, I liked the card until they kept raising my interest rate. I paid on time each and every month, and still, my interest continued to climb. I decided to pay it off and close the account. I always believe it is best to put things in writing to any company, so, I wrote a letter to Capital One and requested that my account be closed. The following month, I received a bill with a Zero balance on it and the status of the account was open. I called Capital One and verbally requested that the account be closed. I was assured that it would be taken care of and I also returned my bill with the words "Please close this account" and my signature on it as back up. The next month, I received a bill with a Zero balance and open status. I called again, they claim they had no record of my request to close the account and assured me (once again) that it would be closed. I once again, sent my bill back and wrote "4th request, close this account". The next month, I received a bill....etc. etc. IT TOOK ME SIX (6) TIMES WRITING AND CALLING THIS COMPANY TO GET MY ACCOUNT CLOSED. It was awful. I would not recommend anyone open a Capital One cardit card. WHAT A HASSLE (their "no hassle" solgan is JOKE).

Capital One Credit Card interest rate increase

After several years as a good customer who pays promptly on account, our "fixed" rate suddenly shot up from 7.9% to 12.9%. According to customer service they could not do anything about it. Yet I see advertisements for low rates to lure customers. Customers with excellent credit ratings, are not given any consideration. We took out a home equity loan and paid off and closed the account. My question/complaint is how can a credit card company raise it's rates to astronomical amounts? They also choose to ignore repeated requests to stop soliciting on a weekly basis for loans.
Review
I am sooo pissed. Capital One Auto Finance sold my car loan to Onyx. SO what's the scheme? Capital One supposedly per their customer service bought Onyx Acceptance Auto years ago. I wonder if it is really the other way around. Use one company because the name is...

Onyx sold their company to capital one awhile ago so everything must of got transferred, I had a great experience with onyx, but not so much cap one... Don't rag on onyx for selling their company blame the people who own you now :P

View more comments
Loss

Capital One won't let you close a paid acct.

I had a Latino roomate with limited English. She accepted one of the Credit card offers Capitol One makes to all recent immigrants to the U.S. They kept raising her interest, and adding charges, no matter how quickly she made her payments. I lent her money to pay off the Credit card, and translated for her when telling the Capitol One people whe wanted to close her account, even though they have Spanish speaking staff handling their calls from Latino customers. We had to make several calls, to many different departments before they would allow her to close her paid off account! What was the reason they gave as to why she shouldn't close the account? "We gave you credit when you first came to this country, you owe us for that". Interpreter/Translator

Ur an ***

legs

Of course they want you to keep the account open, they want you to use it. When you payoff the account that is great, but leave the account open.

Why? Because your credit score also takes into account available credit. If you opened another account they would take into consideration the fact that you had access to what ever the credit line you had with Capitol One. In case you fell behind the theory is you have access to another account to transfer the balance.

Keep in mind that having access to credit, or an additional amount of credit is a factor taken into consideration when applying for other credit cards. To have access to additional credit increases your credit score, payoff an account yes, but never close it, always leave it open.

Education sources www.answersfordebt.com E book, and www.nfcc.com National Fondation of non profit credit counseling services. Knowledge is power.

View more comments (1)

Capital One in Tampa, Florida - CAPITOL ONE

CAPITOL ONE is advertising Consumer Loans of up to $30,000 at 6.99% to 10.99%. A friend of mine with excellent credit applied for a loan and was sent a check with an interest rate of 10.99%. I told him I had excellent credit. He asked me to apply for a loan and I did. Sure enough, mine was for 10.99%. I voided the check and returned it. These consumer loans are a scam. You will NOT get the 6.99%, 8.99% or 9.99% loan. DON'T apply unless you are desperate and willing to pay 10.99%.
#120345

The worst credit card company in the world.

#120343

They have been charging me 24% interest on a cash advance for 2 years, which was suppose to be a credit advance. I have paid this card off many times and continue to use it, however they still have never applied any of the money i sent to them against the cash amount.

I finally paid the intire amount off last month and still when I got my statement this month they still want to charge me 24% on the cash amount, which was paid off. this company is the worst I have ever dealt with, when I called a billing manager names (anna) she was awful, she should be fired. I sent in my final charge w/0 interest and cancelled this awful ccd. I have had this card for 10years, and this is the way they treat a valued customer.

I hope they go bankrupt. I will never deal with capitol one again, and have adivsed my friends to cancel their cards also.

Ms. Rizzi

#120340

Ms. Rizzi

This company gave me a credit card 12 years ago and set a limit $325. They have never raised the limit and refused my request about 10 years ago to do so.

I missed a payment of $15.00(yes,you read it right, fifteen dollars) and after 3 days, they sent the account to a collection agency who called me (they are called Allied Interstate). They demanded that I pay $102.xx because the account was over its limit due to a $39.00 late fee assessed on a minimum payment of $15.00. Back in August 2009, they added annual membership which caused the account to go over its limit as well as a $19.00 over the limit fee.

I have not used the card in over a year. Unless you want to get ripped off, do not do business with this company

View more comments (3)

CAPITAL ONE DECEPTIVE CREDIT CARD PRACTICES

On January 8, 2008 I got a new credit card from Capital One, taking advantage of advertised offer of 5.99% for life. I promptly transferred $7,500.00 worth of other debt to this card. I set up payment via the web. I paid $250.00 on January 22nd, in advance of the first billing, which I HAVE NEVER received). I have attempted to make a second payment (still having received no statements) but the account is locked on line and I am unable to make a payment. After reading literally hundreds of complaints against this credit card and bank, I now realize they are VIPERS and certainly up to no good. If I had adequate funds I would promptly pay off this card and take out ads stating my opinion of their obviously underhanded activity. I would LOVE to join any class action suit against Capital One and their credit card practices. I suspect they are going to be giving me a lot of grief over the next few months. I would also love to sue individually, but at this time I don’t think I can afford such a lawsuit. T Stephens / Grapevine, TX

We took advantage of special NO INTEREST for 1 full year offer where Captial One only charged us a 1% fee to pay off another credit card. We paid full amount of new charges because we didn't want to pay interest but were charged interest anyway.

We called Capital One and they informed us that they charged a special daily interest rate for purchases since we had the zero interest amount on our balance due.

We were deceived into thinking it was no interest but they did indeed charge interest so BEWARE OF ALL CAPITAL ONE SPECIAL OFFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM.

They just canceled our card which we have had for years, for NON-USE!!!!!! Huh???????

we have another card with them, and I am ready to pay it off, and rip up the card.

I won't cancel.....let them keep spending to send me their junk mail, and cancel it too for NON-USE! Maybe one day they will realize the good customers will be gone.

View more comments (1)