Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Capital One - Account Review from Richmond, British Columbia

Okay I was using capital one when I was in toronto thn I moved to calgary. All of sudden I forgot my online username ( since I remember my password) nd aftr trying 3 times they blocked my account.this understandable. Then I called them regarding this scenario they were asking me to fax some documents.I did fax but first time they didnt get those secobd time they were saying its nt clear third time they said they need some more documents. What they were actually asking for those docs that I received when I first get my capital one card. Those docs were just abt the interest nd my password nd all that stuff. How could I provide those useles docs aftrr one year nd then when I already moved to another province. So after that they opened my account just for monthly payments and I was doing those payments and all of sudden I came to know that they closed my account without informing me nd they give my account to collection agency nd gave r9 rating. R u kiding me ..they really dont knw how to deal with customers.. such a pain. Unlike capital one

Capital One in Hamilton, Ontario - Balance ins was decelined

I pay for ins if not able to use I am requesting my money to be paid back I have been a cardholder for over 3 years I would like some one to look into my account please my name is Martina Wheeler account ending in 2453 insurance claim number is cn1400323 my address is 280 Bartholomew street unit 9 Brockville Ontario k6v2s6 I have copy's of all papers I have sent if needed please send me a letter I do not use a computer I have worked full time for past ten years went off work February 4 2014.

Capital One in Fairburn, Georgia - Over draft removed

The Capital One bank located on 61st and 1st street in Manhattan has a horrible branch manager. I had Capital One since they began I was one of the 1st consumers banking with Capital one and I moved from Brooklyn to Atl GA I liked Capital One so I decided to stay with them even though there are no physical location in the south. When they changed branch mgrs from William to Ramadit she cancelled my over draft with out a letter being sent nor email. When I called the branch it was like pulling teeth to speak to her. Employees lying saying she was not there and others being rude like Raj and Wanda. I finally spoke to branch mgr and she was rude herself and barely spoke English. She had a heavy accent that I could not understand her. I argued with her for over an half hour and she finally agreed to let the over draft fee be on my account. I faxed my over draft signature form which I could do online but she took that option away. For her to only take it away a week later. Capital one sucks and I am going with Wells Fargo!
Loss

Capital One in Fort Worth, Texas - Website malfunction hurt my credit!!

I have had an auto loan through capital one for two and a half years which I pay early every month. One month I received a phone call from capital one saying my payment was over due for the month of october!! When I told them I had made that payment they told me that a lot of people were experiencing problems with their website because something wasn't working quite right... so I immediately resubmitted my payment and they assured me since it was their mistake that it wouldn't be on my credit. Well a few months later I applied for financing for some furniture and was turned down because I was reported late on my auto loan in the month of october!!! Angry, I called capital one and they apologized and said they would get it fixed... for the past two years my husband and I have called them over and over and we get the same empty promises and no results!! Finally we received a letter explaining why they wouldn't take it off our credit... it said, since our payment was in fact late, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS IN RESULT OF THEIR WEBSITE MALFUNCTIONING AND I REMADE THE PAYMENT AS SOON AS I WAS AWARE OF THE SITUATION, they will not take it off our credit!! Now completely livid we called capital one again!! They were completely unhelpful!!! Only when we told them were were looking to purchase another car were they willing to help.. but we were told the same thing again.. they would not take it off our credit!!! We told them if they looked at all our payments they would see that all of them were made early!! So obviously we have been terrific customers and they only reason that one payment was late was because of THEIR websites error which they were completely aware of!!! We told them had they simply fixed their mistake in the beginning we would've been more than happy to purchase another car through them but since they wouldn't fix their mistake we would not only NEVER do business with them we will tell everyone never to go though them and explain to them how incompetent and irresponsible capital one is!!! NEVER TRUST CAPITAL ONE WITH YOUR CREDIT!!!!

If what you said was indeed true, did you contact the credit agencies, the AG from your state, and BBB with proof that you made the payment (bank statement, check copy, etc)? Ranting on here you think would clear that mark on your credit report?

Seriously, if that indeed happened to you and if you have proof and Capital One refused to remove that mark on your credit report, the AG from your state is there to help. The top 3 credit agencies can on their own, after investigation, put explanation on negative reporting on credit reports.

Review

Capital one does not respect Canada's official languages.

Got an offer by mail for a card in French only. When I called and said offers come frequently by mail from other providers and always in French and English they answered they only send in french to Quebec. When I pointed out that not all Quebeckers speak French as first Language they offered to do it on the phone but would not mail an English version as this was the "policy" If you are English boycott them as they have no respect for Canada's official languages and must be trying to appease separatists in Quebec. Capital one please note the separatist are out !
Review

Capital One in Stockton, California - Sent me 6 eligibility offers in 2 months!!

Capital one sent me 6 elibility letters in 2 months which is, in my opinion, extremely excessive! Think about all the paper they're wasting! So I call them to opt out of their list and to do that, I had to provide a huge list of information including: SSN, address, phone number, email etc. etc. which took A WHILE and not only that, but I have to respond to some letter from the "opt-out department" and then send it back to them! This company has no regard for the environment or people's time! I will never ever get a credit card from them.

Why not just opt yourself out of ALL offers - this is from ftc.gov

If you decide that you don't want to receive prescreened offers of credit and insurance, you have two choices: You can opt out of receiving them for five years or opt out of receiving them permanently.

To opt out for five years: Call toll-free 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (1-888-567-8688) or visit www.optoutprescreen.com.

The phone number and website are operated by the major consumer reporting companies.

To opt out permanently: You may begin the permanent Opt-Out process online at www.optoutprescreen.com. To complete your request, you must return the signed Permanent Opt-Out Election form, which will be provided after you initiate your online request.

When you call or visit the website, you'll be asked to provide certain personal information, including your home telephone number, name, Social Security number, and date of birth. The information you provide is confidential and will be used only to process your request to opt out.

If you don't have access to the Internet, you may send a written request to permanently opt out to each of the major consumer reporting companies.

Make sure your request includes your home telephone number, name, Social Security number, and date of birth. Experian Opt Out P.O. Box 919 Allen, TX 75013 TransUnion Name Removal Option P.O. Box 505 Woodlyn, PA 19094 Equifax, Inc.

Options P.O. Box 740123 Atlanta, GA 30374-0123 Innovis Consumer Assistance P.O. Box 495 Pittsburgh, PA 15230-0495 Why would someone opt out — or not? Some people prefer not to receive these kinds of offers in the mail, especially if they are not in the market for a new credit card or insurance policy.

They may prefer to opt out to limit access to their credit report information for credit and insurance solicitations, or to reduce some mailbox "clutter." However, some companies send offers that are not based on prescreening, and your federal opt-out right will not stop those kinds of solicitations. As you consider opting out, you should know that prescreened offers can provide many benefits, especially if you are in the market for a credit card or insurance. Prescreened offers can help you learn about what's available, compare costs, and find the best product for your needs. Because you are pre-selected to receive the offer, you can be turned down only under limited circumstances.

The terms of prescreened offers also may be more favorable than those that are available to the general public. In fact, some credit card or insurance products may be available only through prescreened offers. Does opting out hurt my credit score? Removing your name from prescreened lists has no effect on your ability to apply for or obtain credit or insurance.

If I decide to opt out, how long will it be before I stop getting prescreened offers? Requests to opt out are processed within five days, but it may take up to 60 days before you stop receiving prescreened offers. What if I opt out and then change my mind? You can use the same toll-free telephone number or website to opt back in.

Will calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT or visiting www.optoutprescreen.com stop all unsolicited offers of credit and insurance? Calling the opt-out line or visiting the website will stop the prescreened solicitations that are based on lists from the major consumer reporting companies. You may continue to get solicitations for credit and insurance based on lists from other sources.

For example, opting out won't end solicitations from local merchants, religious and charitable associations, professional and alumni associations, and companies with which you already conduct business. To stop mail from groups like these — as well as mail addressed to "occupant" or "resident" — you must contact each source directly.

Review
I'm not going to tell you that this is the first problem I have had with them, it was the last one though, that is for sure. The straw broke the camel's back this morning. I had to buy plane tickets this morning to fly up to see my mother, who I have not seen in over a...

Credit card laws changed several years ago. Credit card companies are not allowed to let you exceed your limit unless you Opt in to this service.

The same goes with checking accounts. In short, this is not cap 1's fault.

View more comments
Review

Capital One in Seattle, Washington - Trying to find out why a week later the payment not through plus discrimination

I am deaf and called thought the relay service they refused to communicate with me due I am calling through relay. They asked me so many questions that I did not answer one right of the amount and date of payments. Asked for a manager and explain the rep ( after being on hold for ten mins) refuses to communicate with me, he kept say sorry, I don't know how many times, he explain to me they put a hold on the funds till it goes through my bank, payment was was made with debit card so the fund I think 1 or 2 days not six or seven days, flustrated due having a hard time communicating my interpreter had such a hard time understanding the rep, manager, heavy accent and broken English. it appears the company is run by India, another non American company, (if I had know this I would not have account with them), he suggest that I make payment and if pay a fee of 9.95 it would be posted one day. total angry at this time, told him close my account, says I can t till I pay the balance or 10.43 which is the interest ( I paid the balance, and they charge me interested. he had the nerve to say I can pay the 10.43 with him and the account would be closed great- at the end he need to charge me an extra 9.95. More mad I made the payment while I was communicating with him on line no fees, he saw that and said account closed, a week goes by now there is a balance of 01. I request to mail that to me.. they refuse

Capital One in Grand Prairie, Texas - Stolen Secured 99.00

I've been as patience as anyone could ever be to such a very unprofessional company. I closed my account due to asking for a 20 dollar increase. Paid it of completely. Capital One took two months to issue I check and which was stolen and cash at another bank. I made unlimited attempts even until today and yet do I have or have receive my 99.00... Every associate was dumb. Capital One I want my 99.00 and will not stop until to slowing declining company fall flat on ground zero because Me and others are not satisfied with what you have to offer as service. I can be reached for my 99.00 at cristinagibsoncosmetologist@gmail.com

Well clearly... you are dumb yourself.

Who actually advertises their email address on a complaint board?

And, just what the *** are you talking about? A credit limit increase is never for just $20 bucks... And it's not a simple process.

A number of things are taken into consideration, such as credit history. If yours is new or not-so-great.... which is my guess since you are complaining about a "secured card." You are likely to be declined unless you pay a larger deposit to the secure card.

If a check in your name was fraudulently cashed, did you file a police report?

Did you get a copy of the signed check from the bank?

Capital One did what they were supposed to do, they issued a refund check to you for $99. You can blame them for someone stealing it.

If you don't understand the rules of credit, cut your cards up NOW... Before you Ruin your credit (or make it worse).

your complaint doesn't make a whole lot of sense you might want to work on your grammar and make it coherent. also why on earth are you complaining and demanding a refund on here when it's a complaints board NOT a capital one monitored board?

the likelihood of them seeing/giving a *** that you posted on here is zero to none.

now onto your complaint as i'm TRYING to understand it. you say you closed your account because you asked for a $20 increase? that makes no sense. why would you close the account because you asked for $20 increase?

then you say they took 2 months to issue I check.

what the *** is an I check ? which you then claim was stolen & cashed at another bank? if that's the case then the banks need to be made aware of having a stolen check cashed so they can get the information needed to police. you obviously didn't make "unlimited" attempts because unlimited means basically never ending..

your last threat is funny that you won't stop until "slowing declining company fall flat on ground zero because me and others"

first off I think you meant "slowly declining company falls flat on the ground because myself & others"

but good job putting your email in the oomplaint.

be ready for the spam fest you'll receive when people sign you up for all kinds of BS offers online.

I know because it happened to me. lastly thanks for making me laugh it made my night

@notgivingit

Glad I could make your night notgivingit...lol.. Thanks for smart technology...

This sight is design to complain and last I checked it's called pissedcustomers... That's just how pissed I was writing it.. If I may say it needs to be revamped. If you care for all of the details than I would kindly inbox....lol...

As I stated Capital One has stolen my Secured 99.00 and I want it back.

So for all others be careful when dealing with Capital One, nothing is secured... Hope you like that notgivingit...lol

@99.00

Capital one didn't steal *** from you.. They sent a check, someone some it.

How it that capital ones fault?

Please, back away from the credit cards and get an Education.

View more comments (3)

Capital One Auto Finance, inc

I don't have any problems with Capital One Auto, I enjoyed their blank check program. I had a dispute with my property manager and as a result of my on going dispute with Brandy Crotts Alexander of Courtney Place apartments she had my car towed and the towing agency sold my car to Capital One, the lien holder which forced Capiatal One to take the car and sell it. I wasn't a aware until I got a collection letter Sept 2013. After searching my options it came to my attention Cap One withdrew their application to fund car loans in North Carolin. People with repossessed cars need to check their states business license website and see if Capital is licensed to do loans in their state I know they're not in SC and a few other states I checked they withdrew.