Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Capital One Harrassing Phone Calls

Capital one keeps calling our foundation, at least twice a day. Early morning, late at night, etc. We have a new vonage number but they keep calling for the previous owner. No matter what we say....they don't stop. Unfortunately we are a non-profit Chronic Disease Foundation and have to answer our phone. This has gone on for 3 weeks. Nothing is sacred to this bank... not even a foundation trying to help the chronically ill! What can be done? They say we will go on no call lists....but it keeps happening! We have spoken to manager's etc. Help

Capital One is the worst company for harassing phone calls and rude CSR's. Until May 2012, I was a loyal Capital One customer who ALWAYS made my cc payments on time and normally in larger amounts than required.

Then in May of 2012, I was admitted to the hospital with flesh eating bacteria, which infected my bloodstream and damaged my heart, kidneys and other organs. I was in a coma for 10 days and hospital for 30 days, doctors and nurses told me I was permanently disabled (heart failure, kidney failure, edema, diabetes, irregular heartbeat, vision loss and more) and helped me apply for SS disability. Two days after I was released from the hospital, I wrote a letter to Capital One, explaining why I would not be able to pay my CC bill and later sent copies of my $300,000+ hospital bill and $60,000 doctors bill, and SS disability documents. They chose to ignore it all and for the last 18 months have repeatedly harassed me with threatening phone calls.

Now I find out they have hired a (VERY expensive) attorney to sue me for the $3900 I owe them. The last laugh will be on Capital One though, because even if they win a judgement against me, I have NOTHING to give them, no property, no money and they don't seem to realize that by law they cannot garnish my SS disability check, so all this calling, harassing, and lawsuits do nothing towards recovering that $3900, except for costing them more and more of their own money all the time. Capital One's paid troll will be along shortly with her "It never fails to amuse me" comment. :grin

@Blue Max

A company would have to be totally rotten to treat anyone like that. Senator Elizabeth Warren needs to have a little talk with Capital One's employees. :eek

PissedReplier

First, answer every call and ask to be forwarded to a supervisor or higher-up. Get all their information... Name, extension, job title, etc. - Tell them to put your number on a do not call list.

If that continues to fail, look into FDCPA (Fair debt collection laws) and take legal action against them. If you end up having to go to court, and win, let any won money go towards your charity.

That company is the worst of them all for harassing everyone possible, even if you've never even met the people, to getting their money.

View more comments (2)

Capital One in Palmerton, Pennsylvania - In competency

I was on the phone with capital one for 46 minutes, I made a payment online and then called to change the date since the money was available sooner. When I called I reviewed the bank information. I have two bank accounts listed. To my surprised they used the wrong information. My other bank stopped payment and waved the fee. Now, I am told to call back, really, even when capital one screwed up. I need to wait a few days and will be charged a late fee and interest, REALLY! So, as a capital one customer I cannot believe after speaking with three people that nothing more could be done. They wanted me to send in a check, are they kidding and screw that up as well. I am not wasting the stamp!

First of all you dumb ***, online bill pay systems require you to select the correct banking info you wish to make a payment from, I think you probably should have taken more business classes in school so that you would be able to actually do banking online. Quit making it out to be a Credit Card company's fault when your are the one that made the mistake in the first place.

Loss
I made a payment on 7/21, my due date, for the minimum amount using their mobile app. I have used the same "savings" account plenty of times in the past, with no problem. I made my payment and thought that everything was fine. A few days later, I went to withdraw funds...
Review

Capital One in Washington, District Of Columbia - Confirmed payment on email then held payment for 9 days

Capital One Master Card has horrible customer service policies! I payed my balance in full electronically through my bank's bill pay system. I have been paying this same way for years. I received an email confirming that my payment posted to my account three days prior. However, when I tried to use the card it did not work. I called Capital One and was told that they had put my payment on hold for 9 days! I am furious!!! It was an electronic payment from my bank, and my credit should have been available to me. Credit card companies have their own investments, and it is very clear to me that they wanted to hold the money, so that they could gain interest on their investments, rather than making my credit available to me. My advice -- NEVER get a credit card from CAPITAL ONE.

I just had the same issue. I sent a bank draft for the balance due and they are holding it for 14 days and my account is frozen. Now I have to make alternate arrangements to pay my bills.

It's so frustrating and all they said is that they needed to confirm the funds.

I'm thinking of changing companies because I've never had this issue before.

@Anonymous

I completely understand. I am still furious.

Today I paid my bill on Capital One's website, instead of sending electronically from my bank, like I did last time.

I will keep you posted. Oh, and I too have never had this issue with any credit card company before.

Loss
Tags
  • held payment

Capital One in Evergreen Park, Illinois - Capitol one auto

I keep getting turn down because I do not make 1750.00 a month and I believe that is outragous I believe as long the person works for a company 5 or more Capitol One should approve the person without a co signer . Cause I do not see anyone making more then 7.85 starting a job and I make more than that so I really do not know what Capitol One wants from people like me I only get hour I am granted maybe you worked part time before working for Capitol One I believe that you should change this ruling

So what you're saying is, Capital One should just lend money to people regardless if they can pay back the loan? And you're taught that gold grows on the tree when you're a child?

Maybe you should think about the fact that what caused the financial crisis in part back in 2008 was people taking on loans (not just mortgages, but also credit card and auto) that they could not afford; which at $7.85 an hour, you're only making at 40 hours a week $314 Gross ($1256 a month (4 weeks)). Meaning that with the minimum of $7500 principal for the loan that Capital One requires, your debt to income ratio would be too high and thus it's an extreme risk to the bank (given living expenses and such) that you would end up defaulting on the loan.

Lenders do not like non mortgage debt totals to be more than 28% of your gross income, in order to reduce the likelihood of default.

At your income level, if you *really* want a car and have what is considered to be a living need for a vehicle (such as public transit not going between your home and place of work), your best bet is to go with one of those low income lenders, who typically charge around 20% interest, and a used car that will at least get you to and from work (even if it needs major work done to it).

In other words, only a few thousand at most to buy for reasons such as age, high mileage, costly mechanical issues, etc. And if you do buy from one of those places, ask if you can take it to an independent mechanic first in order to determine what needs to be done, and what sort of costs are needed.

Why would u sign a contract for a payment that high ***...u know u can't pay it then why do it! You knew what you were getting into.

mewdos

Go ahead and apply for a loan with another bank, then go cry on their page. COAF tends to give people with terrible credit and a lower than normal salary loans, so go ahead and apply with Chase or Wells Fargo, then come back and edit your post.

View more comments (3)

Capital One - Incompetent

Went through the drive thru. Withdrew money on my Savings. I didn't know the acct number so i circled savings. the teller withdrew money on my checking acct. when i brought it to her attn: she said i didn't specify. Told her i did, look at the slip, and if i didn't why didn't you confirm w/me which i wanted the money to come from instead of picking and choosing. she never apologized but had no problem blaming me for her error in vision. then told me well i can redeposit the money into the checking acct and come into the branch to withdraw from the correct acct. this girl was incompetent. if she would've apologized for her error i wouldn't be writing this review.
Review

Being harassed by Capital One; have never had an account with them

I am being continuously harassed by Capital One Auto Finance looking for someone who has never lived at my house or used my telephone number. No party in my household has had an account with Capital One; they continuously call looking for someone else. I have called and spoken to five different supervisors regarding having my number removed from their database, have received assurance from all 5 that this would be taken care of, and yet have had 4 harassing phone calls from them in the past 8 days. This company is terrible--avoid them like the plague if you are thinking about financing through them!

I too have been harassed daily and have never done any business with this company. I have been assured repeatedly that my number would be removed from the database yet fifteen minutes ago I received my second call of the day.

Another call usually comes around 8:30 p.m. They call three times a day, every day for at least two months now. I am taking medication and each time I try to get some sleep the phone rings and it is them, again. I asked the supervisor for his supervisor, an email or normal address, or a p.

o. box as it seemed that the supervisors were either unable to remove the number or refused to remove it. The supervisor hung up on me.

If anyone can provide a way to reach the head of the call center, please add it to the comments. I will look for it.

mewdos

Avoid financing a vehicle with COAF because you're getting annoying phone 3 second calls in which you yell wrong number? Solid logic.

Capital One in Duluth, Minnesota - Alec Baldwin

Get rid of that racist hypocrite, Alec Baldwin! Get rid of Alec Baldwin! Get rid of the loser, Alec Baldwin! Dump Alec Baldwin, I can't stand seeing that guy advertise your company! Get rid of Alec Baldwin! He is not helping your company at all! Get rid of that awful liberal who thinks he can say or do anything and not be held accountable for it! What a loser he is - dump him! He is a racist hothead! Get someone else to do your commercials! Get rid of him! I am not the only one who thinks like this! Get rid of the him now! We all have heard enough of him!
Review
I too have been in several of the same situations as many of these people!!! They do not care. You can forget trying to work with them. Get one day, and I do mean one day behind, they harass the *** out of you and do not stop!!!!!! Never Again!!!!!!! These are the...

I just checked the BBB or better known as Better Business Bureau. Typed in Capital One and there is an alert for this company who has over 6,000 complaints.

Guess it says it all.

Seems they settled for millions of dollars paid out to consumers who got ripped off by them. LOTS OF BILLING DISPUTES>

View more comments
Tags
  • DIRTY DOGS

Capital One in Boston, Massachusetts - Very bad experience

I am in USA for 3 weeks and got my SS#, I have no history and applied for Capital One. Their customer service in chat suggested Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers Credit Card -http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards-for-newcomers I have a good income and applied for it, in 20 seconds system declined it. THEY DID NOT CHECK ANY INCOME OR EMPLOYMENT BUT THEY REPORTED IT TO all 3 bureaus!!! I was escalated to 3 managers in their customer service which was completely poor and unhelpful. But in the end I am screwed up!! One of their managers offered to apply for their secured cards which has annual fee , it answers my question. they just make such card advertisement for attracting people to secured cards!!! They screwed my credit history which I wanted to start in US with them, their service is so poor, what I can do know. The only thing is go to court.

I agree with "just saying". Return, now.

Any time you apply for credit, it's a hard inquiry. That is with ANY COMPANY. That doesn't mean capital one screwed up your credit. It's a small hit to your reports.

Get used to it. And don't blame Capital One because you were declined. The manager who suggested a secured card, did the right thing. You need to have some sort of credit history.

No one one is going to hand you a credit card without some sort of history. The secured card will allow you to build that much needed history.

Really dude, go back to where you came from.

Review
#422012 Review #422012 is a subjective opinion of poster.