1.3
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I have had 2 Capital One Credit Cards (20 & 12 years respectively) for a long time.Both accounts are always paid off every month.

However, I now have one card that is charging an annual fee. So I called Capital One (no customer service) and I was greeted by a customer service representative who spoke poor English. I tried to explain that I do not want a card with an annual fee. I was placed on hold not once but three times for this customer service rep to discuss this matter with someone else (a supervisor I assumed).

After the third phone hold, she says that I have no offers noted on my account and and she can not offer me a no annual fee. She claimed that she spoke to someone else but I highly doubt that she did. So since I already have 5 other favorable credit cards with better interest rates, higher credit limits and no ANNUAL FEE, I cancelled this card.

I have a FICO score over 800...so I can take the small hit to credit score.Nothing personal Capital One but I have to look out for Number One (ME).

Review about: Capital One Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Extra fees for no reason.

Had an Experience with Capital One?

Comments

lol how did you come up with 4k in financial losses about a small membership fee issue that you agreed to and you decided to close of your own accord?

to Anonymous #1386668

What the person means, is that the card balance was 4k....not that he lost 4k in yearly fees....read between the lines!