Riverview, Florida

I'm not going to tell you that this is the first problem I have had with them, it was the last one though, that is for sure. The straw broke the camel's back this morning.

I had to buy plane tickets this morning to fly up to see my mother, who I have not seen in over a year now, only to find Capital One rejecting my purchase because of, and I am NOT joking, a $1.25 shortage on my available credit. I called them immediately and said that I had always been a good, responsible customer, ALWAYS paid on time and(at least) 9 out of 10 times paid well over the minimum payment due. They wanted me to pay $5 on my debit card and wait 24 to 48 hours to try the transaction again. That is unacceptable.

Plane tickets, especially on a holiday weekend, go fast and cost more every day. I closed my account right then and there. I can and will pay this off within 2 to 3 months and then I am FREE!

They tried dissuading me of course, but I would have none of it, and DON'T LET THEM DISSUADE YOU FROM CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNTS EITHER. Switch your balances to Chase, they are reasonable, in more ways then one.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Comments

Credit card laws changed several years ago. Credit card companies are not allowed to let you exceed your limit unless you Opt in to this service.

The same goes with checking accounts. In short, this is not cap 1's fault.

How do you consider this a "win"? Capital One doesn't give 2 *** whether or not you close your account.

You still have to pay them... With interest. I'm sure they will be fine without your business.

Your rant seriously made my day!

Pay your bills and don't live beyond your means.

Clearly, you have finacial issues. Consulting a finacial planner may do wonders.

Maybe if you lived within your means you would have had enough credit to cover that plane ticket, it is ridiculous that you have to blame someone else for your lack of planning.

Why blame Capital One for your NOT having enough available credit? Those limits are in place for a reason, whether it's 1.25, 125 or 1025.

Agree 100% with Anonymous. Newsflash is right.

You're not special and if you can't pay the full amount of your bill they reserve the right to do that. Sounds like you shouldn't own a credit card if you're maxed out to the eyeballs. Go ahead and close your account. I hope you did.

Cause guess what now genius, not only do yo no longer have a working credit card, but you just ruined your credit even more six ways to Sunday. First, by having close to 100% of debt on your credit limit and then closing it out, not to mention going over your limit which now you also have over the limit fees attached to that card. Closing it won't prevent you from paying it off, but I bet you'll do the ghetto thing and go file for bankruptcy. Oh, and before you do that princess, the courts will make you pay the whole thing back.

No more pardoning debts.