Additional Fees
Interest Rate

For anyone out there at Capital One, I couldn't find a direct customer feedback line available, which is why this review is going on the broader internet.You're welcome to review this call, recorded around 9:00AM Central Time on 10/5/17, I believe that the Representative's name was Jean, ID: MS493.

I had just opened up a new credit card and wanted to double check and make sure that a payment was scheduled. What I didn't realize is that there is a slight compatibility issue between the payment schedule on the Capital One Mobile App and the Online Website. Because the Mobile app did not show that I had already scheduled a payment, I scheduled it a second time. When I went onto my account I realized to my horror that my payment had double posted to my bank account and I was about to be over-drafted.

I called Capital One the same day and spoke to a very sweet person who laughed and said she would make sure to connect me to the right representative. After we both waited on the phone for over 20 minutes, we finally got through to someone. I explained to her about my situation and she told me that unfortunately, because my payment had not been posted, Capital One could neither credit my account or reverse the transaction. when I asked why, she said the would be liable.

And when I asked if the payment could be reversed on the capital one side first and then the bank account side be credited after, I didn't understand how they would be liable, and I really didn't want to avoid the overdraft fee. She essentially told me no and that it was my fault for doubling up the payment. I argued that it was a tech error and that I was also confused by this liability issue. I believed that there was more Capital One could do and asked to be connected to another representative.

She refused. At one point she stopped speaking to me. I then asked to be connected to a customer feedback link, she refused again because "it wasn't positive feedback". I finally asked what she could do for me.

Her answer; "I can transfer you back to the main menu". So I said fine. "I was instantly put back on hold, with background hold music, to WAIT FOR THE AUTOMATED MENU. I hung up, only knowing that in a few days once the duplicated payment is posted and I'm charged an overdraft that I'll have to go through this all over again and beg for a credit.

My recommendation, use Discover.Their customer service is amazing...and I regret ever switching.

Review about: Capital One Account.

Preferred solution: Develop an internal feedback system and better customer service protocols. Provide better training to your customer service "executives" in order to think for themselves and come up with innovative ways to solve individual customer problems..

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Capital One?

Comments