Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Capital One sends out promotions to make Balance Transfers for zero% interest for 12 months! So, I made a couple of transfers to pay off higher interest cards I had. I also used my card for a few purchases. Although I always pay a lot more than the minimum payment, I found out that I am paying their very high interest rate for not paying the entire balance on the purchases made! So now I need to pay the entire balance on transfers and purchases or get charged their BS, over the top interest rate!

Slimy, Sneaky, Crooked, BS, is all I can think of when I think of Capital One!

How can these credit card companies keep getting away with this kind of thing?

I have all the emails and hard copies of these phony promotions!

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Venture Reward Card.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Service, Phony advertising, Too much time for customer support.

Comments

Transfers aside are you paying back what you purchased by your next due date? If not you would still have gotten interest on that balance anyways, it wouldn't have anything to do with the transfers.

Most major companies have ways to avoid interest if you're willing to pay for the purchases, leaving the transfers. Take a look over your statement, original documents you got, or just call and ask how to avoid interest before you jump to conclusions.

rollo2016

No one is forcing you to go into debt via credit cards. If you don't like the interest rate, then don't use a credit card or at least use it and pay it off each month to avoid any interest.

Why anyone would carry a balance on a credit card is a mystery.

Bad financial planning, no doubt. This is how we learn.