Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Capital One sends out promotions to make Balance Transfers for zero% interest for 12 months! So, I made a couple of transfers to pay off higher interest cards I had. I also used my card for a few purchases. Although I always pay a lot more than the minimum payment, I found out that I am paying their very high interest rate for not paying the entire balance on the purchases made! So now I need to pay the entire balance on transfers and purchases or get charged their BS, over the top interest rate!

Slimy, Sneaky, Crooked, BS, is all I can think of when I think of Capital One!

How can these credit card companies keep getting away with this kind of thing?

I have all the emails and hard copies of these phony promotions!

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $5000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Capital One. The most disappointing about capital one venture reward card from Capital One was service, phony advertising and too much time for customer support Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Capital One.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Capital One to other companies on our site.

Comments

Transfers aside are you paying back what you purchased by your next due date? If not you would still have gotten interest on that balance anyways, it wouldn't have anything to do with the transfers.

Most major companies have ways to avoid interest if you're willing to pay for the purchases, leaving the transfers. Take a look over your statement, original documents you got, or just call and ask how to avoid interest before you jump to conclusions.

rollo2016

No one is forcing you to go into debt via credit cards. If you don't like the interest rate, then don't use a credit card or at least use it and pay it off each month to avoid any interest.

Why anyone would carry a balance on a credit card is a mystery.

Bad financial planning, no doubt. This is how we learn.