Ann Arbor, Michigan

I tried to open a checking account with capital one online. They processed it and called me requesting me for more information to verify my identity to open the account.

They asked me to mail or fax them a driver's license, soc. card, and utility bill. I didn't have a utility bill and didn't really feel the need to go through the hassle, so I told them no thanks I didn't want the account.

Later that day, AFTER telling them I didn't want an account, I get an email saying my account has been approved and my initial deposit of $1,000 was being transferred from another account. I called them to tell them I didn't want the bank account and to give me money back.

They rudely told me that my account was frozen because they couldn't verify my identity, so I wouldn't be able to get my money back. Then the woman on the phone said the easiest way to get it would be to just mail my documents to them to verify my identity - hmm, so I can't open an account because I can't verify my identity, but I also can't not open an account with my initial deposit because I can't verify my identity

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Comments

Capital One stole $735 from my account. My debit card and account number were stolen so Capital One suggested I opened a new account.

They linked my $500 Line of credit (overdraft protection) to the account that was closed and when I was on vacation I didn't realize that my balance was zero and for every transaction I made, they charged me a $35 fee. The whole time I thought I was protected with my line of credit but I wasn't. They failed to link the line of credit to the new account. Capital One stole my money and this was the bank's error!

First of all, they should not allow you to use your card if you have a zero balance. It is unethical, and is wrong!

hollins1

PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY TYPE OF BUSINESS WITH CAPITAL ONE.ABOUT 3 YEAR'S AGO I HAD A VISA AND MASTERCARD WITH CAPITAL ONE.I HAD NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH EITHER ACCOUNT'S UNTIL,I CHECKED MY BALANCE ON MY VISA ACCOUNT ONLINE BECAUSE IT WAS CLOSE TO TIME TO PAY ON THE ACCOUNT.THIS IS WHEN I DISCOVERED AN CHARGE THAT HAD BEEN ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT THAT I DID NOT MAKE.THE CHARGE WAS MADE FROM THEIR PART OF THE COUNTRY.IT WAS APPROVED FROM THEIR OFFICE.SO I TELEPHONED CAPITAL ONE AND TOLD THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.THAT THIS WAS NOT SOMETHING THAT I CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT.I ALSO TOLD THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.THAT I WAS IN TEXAS AND HAD NEVER BEEN TO THEIR PART OF THE COUNTRY.AND IF I HAD I AM 62 YEAR'S OLD,AND WOULD NEVER GO TO AN ARCADE GAME ROOM BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE ANY SMALL KID'S.THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE REP.STATED SHE WOULD REMOVE THE CHARGE FROM MY ACCOUNT.BUT THIS CHARGE WOULD BE INVESTIGATED.I STATED FINE.HOW ABOUT THE NEXT MONTH.CAPITAL ONE TRYED TO RE-ENTER THE CHARGE TO MY ACCOUNT ANYWAY,LIKE I WOULD NOT BE AWARE OF THE RECURRENT CHARGE.SO BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM AND CAPITAL ONE TRYING TO CHARGE ME FOR SOMETHING THAT I DID NOT CHARGE TO MY ACCOUNT,I ENDED UP CLOSING BOTH ACCOUNT'S AND ENDING THE WHOLE PROCESS WITH CAPITAL ONE.THEY LOST TWO ACCOUNT'S BECAUSE OF THEIR DISHONESTY AND TRYING TO BE SLICK.I CHECK EVERYTHING THAT COME'S INTO MY HOME.EVERY BILL I RECIEVE I CHECK IT TO MAKE SURE THEIR ARE NO FALSE ENTREE'S ADDED TO MY ACCOUNT.CAPITAL ONE SUCK'S.DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH CAPITAL ONE, ARE YOU WILL BE IN FOR A LET DOWN IN THE END.FOR REAL.

Capital One is a thief. They took over my regional bank (in NYC) where I had my Small Business Checking account. They continued to pull fees from this account to the tune of around $85/month for a year and a half, and have refused to reinstate those fees to my account. The branch people are nice, but helpless in the face of their corporate bosses. The manager actually told me to call customer service. Way to go, Capital One - steal from a small busines owner in a recession.

After more than a year of trying to get these fees back, I have given up, and we are moving ALL our banking business to a CREDIT UNION.

By the way, their "rewards" program is a joke - my business has run over $300,000 through the account and the accumulated rewards mount to $100 off a flight. That's a whopping 0.0003%.

capital one has stolen $154.36 from my checking account. They promised to return it, but it is now 3 days since they stole it, and my checking account shows no indication that Capital One has returned the money. They caused my checking account to go below zero, and my bank has charged a fee because of this.

Capital One did the same to me. I transferred 15k of my money into a new Cap one Account..OPENED AND APPROVED!..AFTER receiving the 15k they informed me that they could not verify my idenity..and asked for a drivers license ...and froze the account ...

THEN they disclosed that they would hold the money for 10 business days AFTER the Account was verified...and THEN said that the copy of the license was too dark and I had to submit another...THEN they said that it would take another 10 days for them to refund my money as I told them to close the ACCOUNT.

In short THEY HELD MY MONEY FOR 30 DAYS...without paying interest...THeir GOAL is to scam consumers.....FED >>ARE U LISTENING???? All of this is illegal...

If I could get my hands on them I would beat the *** outa them all!!!!!