Here is what I wrote to the company: Wow, you guys really disappointed my husband and I, and we are definitely telling a lot of friends and family about our complaint. I called about our reward points today and spoke to a supervisor, Lisa, and of course got nowhere.

My husband and I have been planning a special trip to Spain and decided to go business class if we could find a good fair. He called the rewards center and was told that we just purchase our tickets and then we would be credited $2400 towards our flights. Well we found a really good business fare (still a lot for us) and before he bought the tickets he called the rewards center again to make sure that we would get a rebate. So, we bought the tickets and then found out that because the ticket was $2700 and the rewards were only worth $2400 they would not apply.

This was buried in the small print. OK, our bad for not reading the small print…but really? What difference is it to Capitol one if they send us $2400 for two cheaper tickets or a credit towards a more expensive one? Bottom line is that you just don't want to honor your commitment to us.

We have been building these points for years and feel very betrayed that we can't use them when we want to. As usual, a business makes a commitment to lure customers in and then do anything they can to not honor that commitment.

Review about: Capital One Reward Card.

Comments