Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Dec 22, 2020

I made a purchase from a company that appeared to be from CA, it was from China. The warranty for the two pairs of shoes I purchased said 100% guarantee!

When the shoes arrived, they fit poorly and looked cheap. Immediately I contacted the company for a return address. The company then began to negotiate the refund they would provide and informed me the picture I had provided showed the shoes to be in great shape therefore they would not refund for following reasons: it's too far, the cost to send them back is too expensive, there is a pandemic going on, they may never arrive to China etc. After ongoing correspondence an address was provided, the shoes were sent back.

Meanwhile, I have been in touch with Capital One who have requested, on MasterCard's behalf, that I contact a local vendor who sales shoes and request they review the shoes and on their letter head, explain why the shoes do not fit properly. During a pandemic, Capital One is requiring me to go to some store (stores were not open) and asked them to review the fit of the shoe and on their letter head explain why the shoe is a poor fit. Remember now,100% guarantee from the vendor has been forwarded to Capital One, but MC is disregarding this and requiring me, during a worldwide pandemic to go above the vendor's own warranty. Capital One now informed me, because I did not complete this egregious requirement within a certain time frame, I can not be helped.

I have provided proof I purchased the shoes on my card but somehow the vendor pushed it through a PAYPAY account called DANKTHIKIMN Aug.

11th it posted. I have provided a receipt of the shoes being returned and a tracking number, I have contacted the vendor multiple times who assured me the shoes would be refunded in full, less the $30 or so I spent to return them. The vendor now says they have refunded them to the PAYPAL account and I can collect the money from there. I don't have this account, I didn't charge them through PAYPAL and Capital One says they can not help, because the dispute has been closed.

I am now out of the shoes, the money and the cost to send them back. Furthermore, I have been told there is nothing anyone can do, I am told to talk to the vendor. The vendor says to talk to Capital One Capital One says it's MC calling the shots. Please tell me what I did wrong and how can I get support to have my money refunded.

And how were these shoes purchased through a PAYPAY account I don't have when I used a credit card.

Please explain to me how I am being supported.

The customer service on both sides is negligent.

V. Larry

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Platinum Credit Card.

Capital One Cons: No support.

Comments

#1964387

Stupidest and crappiest customer service ever. Are these people completely out of their mind?!!

It is unheard of that you, as a customer need to go to a completely different shoe store and ask the manager to verify how the shoe looks and fits. Why would they do this for you? Especially. during Covid.

I definitely see that their reasoning is to avoid payment.

Don't ever do business with Capital One. Worthless company.

Capital One Reviews