Clarksburg, West Virginia
2.2K views

Capitol One Credit Card let us go $700 over our credit limit. What is a limit for, if they are going to let us go that far over it?

Now they are charging us $40.00/month for being over our credit limit. They have listed our minimum payments as $113.00 or so, but unless we pay the $700, we will continue to get these additional monthly charges.

How can a credit card let you go over the limit that much and then penalize us for their own stupidity? No attempt was made to contact us and let us know that we had gone over our limit at all.

They will be hearing more from me on this subject!

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Credit Card.

Comments

I feel your pain! I opened a card with this compay and only had a Cl of $300.00 and

I was very aware of my limit!

I helped my dad rent a car last year and the rental company agreed to use my card for a hold of $200.00 I told them there was only a $300.00 Cl and my dad paid cash upon return of the rental. 3 months later the rental company put a $1500 charge on my card and capital one allowed the charge to go through!! I have spent 9 months disputing the charge and have gotten no where! They have had the Burberry to charge me a over the limit fee + now they say I owe them $2450.

CAPITAL ONE IS CROOKS AND I'M CURRENTLY FILING A LAW SUITE AGAINST THEM WHICH IS QUICKLY TURNING INTO A "CLASS ACTION " LAW SUITE BECAUSE I'VE FOUND THIS TO BE A PATTERN OF CAPITAL ONE. DO NOT DEAL WITH CAPITAL ONE!

I agree.How do you go over $700? I mean come on.

I take it that this was a one purchase $700 over the limit charge? You should pay attention to your finances better before you go spend happy.

I agree. You are an *** for trying to charge such an obscene amount without knowing your cc limit. Please take responsibility for your foolish actions the next time around.

I agree you should have known what your limit was, them allowing you to go over your limit is so you dont look like an *** getting declined in lline thank them for allowing you to use it in case it was a real emergency and bring it below your limit

No, no, no! It's YOUR STUPIDITY.

You are the one that went over your credit limit. Open your eyes and pay attention to how much you spend.

I hope they increased your interest rate too. ***.