Jacksonville, Florida

We fell behind in our car payments, to capitol one. They hounded us everyday, all day.

15-20 calls a day, from different numbers, sometimes calling and hanging up. Finally they repossessed the the car, told us we had 10 days to get the car back it would be sold. What they didn't tell us was that they had already sent the car to Orland to be auctioned. They required us to give them all sorts of personal information and the names of people they could contact (harrasse) if we didn't give it to them, they wouldn't give the car back even though we paid what we owed.

Then we told if you want the car you'll have to go get it and pay additional fees. These are the absolute worse people I have ever dealt with. Now, they are trying to merge with ING Direct.

I have an account there and I will be closing it. I will not take that chance!

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Comments

@Blank

Yeah... because everyone can tell the future right?

Everyone knows they'll have a steady cash flow and zero emergencies or lose their job? :roll

When I got my car i could afford it. But then after four years I lost my job.

I called and tried to get it refinanced and lower payments but was told to send in what I could. I was keeping up best I could but they repossed the car anyway after telling me to send in $200.00 one week and $200.00 in 2 weeks and it would be fine. I sent in the first $200. but 2 days before I was to send in the second $200 they came and got the car when I wasn't home.

They broke the window in my house. Walked around my yard cussing because I wouldn't come to the door, when I wasn't home and tore up my driveway getting it out. I'm sure the car had damage to it from the looks of the drive and road in front of my house. Neighbors said he appeared to be mad.

They were calling me from about 8 am - 11 pm every 15 minutes. This was nothing but harrassment. They stole my tags and about $65.00 in change that was in the car. I don't call this good business.

I had just talked to them. They are nothing but crooks and that is all there is to it.

I agree with Blank. How can you complain when it is your own fault to start with?

The thing is, these creditors hold all the cards when it comes to getting their money back.

you may think you can work things out, but they have every exit covered. So just pay what you owe, and keep it simple.

I agree with Blank. Howw can you complain when it is your own fault to start with?

The thing is, these creditors hold all the cards when it comes to gettign their money back.

I don't understand why consumers get soo upset when they agree to pay for something they want, yet don't, and blame everyone else for their problem.

If you can't afford something, DON'T BUY IT! Would it be soo hard to buy a cheap used car that you can actually afford?