Reston, Virginia

paid off capitol one auto loan 1 year early with cash at their own bank.

waited a day or two then called to get my title,they told me cash was not ceritified funds and i would have to wait 3-4 weeks to get it. after complaining to supervisor.

still had to wait,after 4 weeks called and was told it was sent out.after a week or two still did not recive it.called back to complain again they said the only thing they could do was send me a lein release,another 7-10 it would take.after reciving it this week went to DMV in NJ. after 1 hr at the DMV telling me it will cost 60 dollars the lein release did not have year or make on it.im back to calling CAPITOL ONE to complain again

Comments

Capital One lost my title too, supposedly, and I wasn't able to register my car in my new state of residence so they eventually repossessed it. Now I've learned that they sold it at auction with a phony title and tried to scam me out of a huge deficiency balance with a fraudulent sale. They are being sued.