119 views
Verified Reviewer

My wife who is an authorized user, used her Capital One credit card in Europe to pay for a vehicle registration renewal, as with any other purchases, she signed the slip presented by merchant and received a receipt and her copy of cc slip. 2 days later a $10 cash advance charge appeared on my online banking.

We never ever used any of the credit cards at atm or any other cash machines. To be honest with you I don’t even remember the pin that would allow cash advance transactions. So I called Capital One customer service, the agent who answered was very polite and understanding, but didn’t have the authority to take any actions or resolve my issue, after reviewing my account, he than transferred me to supervisor who could he said. Shanika ( UFC 137 ) answered and immediately notified me I was misinformed by previous agent, there is nothing she can do !

I explained again that we used credit card as always, signed the slip, never asked or provided pin number required for cash withdrawals, and so we should not be charged cash advance fee.. upon reviewing our account, she said that merchant ran it as cash transaction or similar !!!! How could that be and how could I know that with out a request from credit card holder for cash withdrawal and entering matching personal pin number , that any merchant can process charges any way they like it. I than stated my opinion that we should be credited for cash advance fee as surely she can see we did not use atm machine or used personal pin codes ever since opening an credit card account with Capital One bank and Capital One customer service is surely there to resolve issues and non the less the bank itself would protect their customers and deal with merchants that accept their credit cards...

No , her answer was No , short and dry without any attempt of understanding or at least faking some kind of customer service concern for the client! She Kept saying No ..!!! ..and stated I’m your highest authority, when I asked for her supervisor , manager or corporate contact info and again No !! ...we can’t reverse the cash advance fee !

I was furious, I use other credit cards such as Amex, Citibank issued CC and I never experienced such treatment.

I’ve been a customer of Capital One Bank for over 15 years and never missed a payment due date !! Please advise and restore my faith in Capital One bank!

Tomaz Golombos

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Credit Card.

Capital One Cons: Customer service is terrible.

Comments