I maintained a credit card with Capitol One for 7 years. One month before the CardAct of 2009 went into effect they increased my credit limit without me making any requests by $5000.00!

In the Card Act there is a stipulation that a card issuer my not open or INCREASE the credit limit without taking into consideration the account holder ability to pay under the terms.

I am wonder if anyone anyone else has had this happen to them. I am now in litigation with a lawyer claiming to represent Capitol One and I believe this act by them was devious and with malice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

• Devious practice
  • malicious

Comments

Mom22many

I filed a compliant with consumer protection and am going through the process. This was an example of predatory lending and a violation on SEC 105 of The CARD ACT of 2009 titled "Ability to Pay."

Are you trying to say you maxed it out and now you dont have to pay? If so then move to the front of the dishonest loser line because thats where you belong!!!!!!! :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh

Mom22many
@Anonymous

No that's not what I'm trying to say I continued to make payment of 225.00 for 17 months while never seeing my balance go down. I spoke with CO multiple times for respite or some agreement which they never were willing to work with me and there are over 3600.00 in fees and interest not from purchases..btw