79 views
Verified Reviewer

I've had a Capitol One Credit Card for 10 years. 100% on time payments with a credit score of 800 and rarely carry a balance.

I retired in February 2020, and last week began planning to travel the US. I checked my credit limit prior to leaving and found they had reduced my credit limit to $1,500.00. Certainly can't travel very far on that entry level amount. I called and spoke to Ricky a very rude customer service supervisor.

I was told that since I rarely carry a monthly balance, I obviously didn't need a high credit limit.

So beware if you pay off your credit card each month they will reduce your credit limit at their discretion. I was told I should read the agreement I signed 10 years ago, Ricky told me Capitol One can and will do whatever they want and I have no recourse.

User's recommendation: Beware If you are CREDIT RESPONSIBLE.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Restore or Increase Credit Limit.

Capital One Pros: Unhelpful.

Capital One Cons: Awful and humiliating, Horrible phone representative, No help at all.

Comments

#1915460

" So beware if you pay off your credit" LOL...You really believed that your lame practice was actually a good thing to a bank. It Is Not.

Paying off your card on time and being a "loyal" customer means nothing to a bank. You're Not Making Them Money. Credit Card 101 For Dummies-If you Don't use your card or pay it off every month, sooner or later, your limit will be chopped and sent to someone who is actually making them money. If you want to keep your limit, stop paying it off every month as if you're doing something or use it for simple cheap @#$# things such as recurring fees, Netflix, or whatever.

This is the problem with this country, people like you, with access to the internet, don't know basic finance. All of this information is out there for the picking. Oh and BTW, was that "let me speak to your manager" type really rude or just said no to you.

Your fault for not knowing the rules.... Thanks for the warning however, your foolishness will serve to help others in the future..

#1915866
@YouWorkForThem

It is people like you who know every thing!! you are so smart lol

#1922730
@PissedConsumer1915866

A quick Google shows the poster is correct. Did you bother to look it up or were your feelings hurt?

Capital One Reviews