Capital One deception on member fee was never disclosed anywhere – even in the fine print of the initial credit card offer and believe me I scrutinized this thoroughly as I do on every offer prior to applying for the card. I was incredulous to receive the credit card and discover that the credit limit was abhorrently low - $500, hardly worth the effort. I called customer service to request a cancel on the card but stupidly let myself get talked into keeping it. Upon return from a holiday vacation I found a Capital One bill for the member fee of $39!!! I had not even used the card yet and was assessed a nearly 8% fee!!

I attempted to call customer service to dispute the charge and review the customer bill of rights but was unable to reach a live person nor was I able to access any of the legal information from their website so am forced to take the time to write a letter!!! Who has the time to wait for a response via snail mail and the apparent run around is incredibly annoying.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they charged a monthly membership fee for the 2 months they require the card to hold a $0 balance before they will allow it to be closed! It sounds suspiciously like an elaborate scam to nickel and dime unsuspecting consumers.

Review about: Capital One Credit Card.

Had an Experience with Capital One?

Comments