Rotan, Texas
2.6
Additional Fees

From one day to the next I could not log in to my account to check balance, transactions, payments etc. I phoned.

First person seemed troubled and actually hung up on me. I called back. Got different person who didn't seem to understand my problem or how to solve it. I left for a doctor's appointment and upon return phoned the 3rd time the same day.

This individual told me I would need to reset my password for some unknown reason that they couldn't explain. So that person emailed me a reset password which allowed me to go to a site where I created a new password. Next day, same problem. I couldn't log in.

The site would just keep taking back to the log in page everytime I logged in. This person was overbearing and assumed I made a log in error. I explained I use roboform to access my account and that I had just updated the login on roboform the previous day due to the reset. I was then told that it might be my browser.

That proved to be a non-issue as I was using the latest version of firefox. All the while the troubleshooting process went on there was constant 'talk down' attitude that I was somehow too *** to login. Finally, the person told me Capital One had made recent changes to their website including the url and that I should have "refreshed" my bookmark. This only after 2 days and numerous phone calls and reset passwords to access the online account.

Since I get paperless bills that require log in, my account was inaccessible during this time. This has happened previously several times during the length of time the account has been opened. Capital One has the habit of changing log in procedures or even web sites without notifying users. That alone would not upset me, but the failure of their customer service people to let me know led me to close the account so I never have to deal with the poor service and lack of access periodically.

When I look at using a product one of my thresholds to remain a customer is ease of use. None of my other log in accounts have ever created so much hassle as Capital One.

I highly recommend they overhaul their customer service department and create an environment that is customer friendly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments