Verified Reviewer

I opened a credit card and linked my bank account online on May 28th. I can provide email of confirmation.

I made a payment of 800.00 over the phone (June 11th) because I couldn't login for some reason. I paid 800.00 which was most of the balance because I was planning to do my shopping for the week at Walmart. I wasn't told my money was going to be held for over a week meaning I won't have credit on the card until after June 20th. I feel like 800.00 was stolen from me.

They refused to undo the transaction, the money left my bank (June 11), my bank confirmed the account was linked on May 28th. I see online the 800.00 payment was applied but I can't have any credit on my card. My bank thought it may be stealing to.

I am sending them screenshots to show the 800.00 was applied to my account and they said they may be able to help me get the 800.00 without a fee. I hope that is the case.

User's recommendation: Watchout and ask questions you wouldn't think you may need to ask with this company.

Capital One Cons: Steal your money for seven plus days.

Comments

#2025342

Capitol One is holding to a balance transfer from Wells Fargo. I initially didn't know I was approved for the balance transfer from Wells Fargo.

I had not opened my mail for a few days so I was unaware that "bill pay" that Capital One was showing was from Wells Fargo, which was the balance transfer through them. Capitol One customer reps told me on two occasions they were putting in an investigation on who sent the balance transfer, another one said they would put in a investigation to have a check mailed to me since I ended up pay the bill. This meant the balance transfer money from WF was unclaimed, so says Capital One. I asked Capital One if they could send the money back to Wells Fargo, they said "no", so I requested a check for the balance transfer money.

May plan is to pay Wells Fargo back the money they sent Capital One for the no longer needed balance transfer. But Wells Fargo claims I will receive a check in 5 to 7 business days. I'm still waiting after 6 business days for the check to return the money to Wells Fargo since I no longer need it.

But Capital One is acting like its their money. I have to pay this money back to Wells Fargo for the balance transfer.

#2023656

" I feel like" Typical....Your feelings mean nothing. Did you not READ and UNDERSTAND the terms before you accepted them?

Did you not READ the faqs?

Clearly not.."I feel" as if you're too stupid to do simple things and then want to whine about it later. Your fault...Feel all you want while you deal with it..

Capital One Reviews