I moved from 1 address to a temporary address in June/2021. In July I moved to my permanent address.

On each occasion I called and confirmed address was correctly changed and forwarded my address through the post office. In August I received a late notice through email from Capitalone. I called and resolved: removed late fee and I immediately made the payment. The representative states that the correct address was now on file and I should receive a paper bill in the mail on the next cycle.

I again receive a late notice in September. I called and the supervisor states that I cannot receive a waive on the late fee because the post office is having issues delivering the bill and I received one the month prior. Up until changing my address I had not been late on this card. I relied on the paper bill to prompt payment.

The supervisor stated I should have performed other means to ensure I got the notice, why would I need to do that being all had worked out fine for 10 years and to further that the previous rep told me that all was taken care of and my bill would be mailed out appropriately. Unbelievable! On the other hand WHY would Capitalone not send me a payment reminder verses a late payment notice? If I am getting the notice then I obviously could have gotten the reminder but again I would not know there is a need to sign up for something like that being I had been prompt with payment for years!

If this is how I am to be treated after years of honorable payments then I will pay this card off and plan to close any accounts that I would have maintained with Them Capitalone. Again UNBELIVABLE!

User's recommendation: Do not expect that this company will understand their part in a sequence of unfortunate events.

Preferred solution: Late fee waived.

Comments