Salt Lake City, Utah
1.6K views

After making arrangements to pay for my van which was only two months behind, a repo man showed up. He must have been following me because I parked my van and walked inside my place of employment ON THE PHONE WITH CAPITOL ONE ALREADY and JUST FINISHING UP when about 5 or 10 minutes later the repo man pulled in and hooked me up.

I ran out to tell him I had just made payment arrangements and he called his boss. We waited for about 15 mins and no one called him back. I called capitol one back and they put me on hold forever and then told me the repo man had logged that he had possession of my car while I was only the phone with them earlier!!!!!!!!! They blamed ME saying I couldn't call after the repo man showed up.

I told them their was no way he had possession of the van because i was driving it while I was on the phone with them. In fact I had witnesses. But they told the repo man to take me van anyway. It's been a year now and I still miss my van and wonder all the time if I could have done more or had any other rights.

Could I have or can I file a law suit or is it to late? I think capitol one are crooks and should have to pay for what they did.

I I understand I defalted on my loan but I was doing the best I could AND I MADE ARRANGMENT WHICH THEY ACCETEDU. It should be just as illegal for them to lie about the situation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Loan.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Comments

Thats a lie. I used to work for capital one.

I left after my husband got a job offer in a different state.They will not repo your car at being only 2 months past due. Only if you never made a payment at all. They give more time for a person being late than any other company i know.

I wish my loan was with them but it's with a scam of a company called Santander. Now they are the worst.

Stop lying. You said you're inside your work place already when the repo guy hooked the car.

So yes, he had possession of the car. And why didn't you ask Capital One for help on the first month that you couldn't make the payment?