State: New York Product: Capital One Account Clear all filters (13 of 263 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
to all who have been victims of credit card fruaud I too was a victim except I did my own investigation and found one person in north Carolina who used the card and as we speak she is being arrested as she was doing it again and again for more than two and half years...

any financial institution including capital one will remove a fraudulent credit card from your credit report INCLUDING the hard inquiry. You also never have to pay the money.

Legally once you file it as fraud you have to request the information in a specific format or have the police request it for you. Obviously you did not ask the right questions. Go to the FTC website - the Federal Trade Commission and read what your legal rights are instead of accusing honest working people in foreign countries of being crooks.

So you must be a wiseguy or a crook from Staten Island huh? We see where you live, lots of crooks in NY.

Problems with payment

Arrogant capital one finanical advisor

I recently went to 2159 white plains road Bronx , to potentially open a 3/5 year fixed rate annuity. I meet with Gregoria Dominguez financial adviser and asked him there current rates, when i produced higher rates from a different bank he became hostile and abusive saying they will not disclose the time it takes to mature. I then showed him in print exactly what the time frame was ,he then wanted to know how much we were going to invest i told him the amount and explained over time we would invest a lot more when we were comfortable ,he became rude as if we were insulting him .This clown should not be working as an adviser dealing with the public as he has a serious attitude problem, and cannot answer questions, Shame on you Capital One ,WE would definitively NOT recommend your financial Adviser.
Review
#702001 Review #702001 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Employee does not listen and is a total jerk.

Capital One - Account Review from New York, New York

1.5
I got behind on my capital one card due to an emergency medical situation. I was sent a letter offering a three payment option to bring card current. I called and set up auto payments. I was told that once the third payment was made the account would be current and the card could be used. Following the third payment I called and was to the card is closed and if I wanted a capital one card I needed to apply for a new card. When I questioned this the associate said he was sorry I was given misinformation. I believe that they are trained to say what they did to get the payments made. I believe this is an illegal activity (illegal collection activity)!

Nope, not illegal. They don't have to keep your account open. And if you stop paying before you zero out your balance, they will sue you and garnish your paycheck.

Problems with payment
Page One Sender: Tarek Elabsy On File Phone: 718-284-2006 On File Zip Code: 11225 Recipient: Richard - ID No. LBS824 Dear Mr. Richard, Based on the phone conversation I had with you yesterday's evening and based on the letter you sent to me on my...
Loss

Capital One in Corona, New York - Rrestricted Account Never Used Card and Charged

I applied for a card, I was approved, sent the card and tried to use it. Could not use it because it was restricted. I was demanded to send further information relative to my identity bia fax, which THEY LOST. I refused to send more documentation until they found it. About 4 weeks later they claimed they located my 13 page fax and still restricted my card. I tried to cancel the card and account on numerous occasions and I was told I could not until I paid the processing fee. FOR WHAT?????????? Processing fee for a line of credit NOT a Restricted account!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They CONTINUOUSLY are charging me although THEY CLAIMED to have cancelled the account in December. NOW I have a Bill that says 133.00 dollars, and the account was CLOSED!!!!!!!!! Are they CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be it known: TAKE ME TO COURT! I've got documentation that ALL YOUR PROCEEDINGS ARE BASED ON FRAUD! LET's GO!!!!!!!! Matter of fact I will MEET YOU AT FED COURT! I wish SOMEONE WOULD STRT A CLASS ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hers my dilemma. In 2010 I bought items at a Kmart.

I was offered$10 off to complete a credit card app. I just wanted to get the $10 off an didn't care about the card.About a month later it shows up in mail. When I saw they wanted a yearly fee I cut it up and mailed it back. In the interim-I believe it was -HIBERNIA- changed over to someone else.

They then began charging me the yearly fee. Upon ignoring it, it incurred late fees and penalty until the debt was over $300. I wrote them an explained probably 10 times.

They ignored it and it is still on my credit report for an "account" that was never used and turned down. How do I get rid of it???

Anderson2013

They did this to me over 6 years ago and collection agencies still contact me for a bill for over $3,000 for a credit card I NEVER USED! So frustrating!

They have never once been able to tell me where the credit card was used at or what the supposed purchases were!

Scam for sure!

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • The Card
  • Appeal

CAPITAL ONE WANTS TO KNOW WHATS IN YOUR WALLET

I WAS PAYING A FEW OF MY BILLS ONLINE. SOME AUTOMATICALLY AND SOME MANUALLY.THERE WAS AN ISSUE WITH MY AUTOMATIC PAYMENT TO MY CAR INSURANCE , WHEN THE PAYMENT RAN MY ACCOUNT HAD A NEGATIVE .I IMMEDIATELY WENT TO THE BANK AND MADE THE NECESSARY DEPOSIT TO COVER THE NEGATIVE CHARGE.WHEN I DID SO I NOTICED THAT ANOTHER CHARGE WAS MADE, SO ONCE AGAIN AT THAT TIME I DEPOSITED CASH TO COVER THAT CHARGE. I SPOKE TO A SUPERVISER ABOUT THE CHARGES AND SHE INSISTED THAT I WAS GOING TO BE CHARGED THE INSUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF 35.00 BECAUSE I DID THE TRANSACTION IN THEIR ATM AND THEY HAD NO WAY OF VERIFYING WHAT WAS DEPOSITED,MEAN WHILE THEIR RECEIPT SAYS THAT IT WAS THEY ARE SCAMMERS THAT IS WHY THEY WANT TO KNOW WHATS IN YOUR WALLET SO THEY CAN TAKE IT !!!!!

First of all, why the ALL CAPS???!!!

Second of all, why do you make payments AT AN ATM? When you could just go into the bank and make a payment, with a record of the payment from the teller? Do people even think anymore?

Decliend for a credit card by Capital One

I had a company credit with Chase so I applied for a credit card with Capital One. I was approved. On September of last year the card I had with Chase was now offered by Capital One. I called to close my Capital One credit card account. I was told that they could not change the credit card I had for the one I wanted. They told me since my credit scores and report were very good I should have no problem getting the new card. I waited for 3 months to make sure my account was reported as closed to the credit Bureau's. I applied for the new card on the Capital One website. They told me they could not take my application over the phone. I was declined. When I received my denial letter the main reason was that I did not use my other open Credit Card from Capital One. Ever since then every time I reapplied for the card I want I get the same denial letter. I have spoken to customer support they told me they could not help me with my denial and even though my credit report shows no credit or other accounts with Capital One they say if the letter says I have an open account with Capital One I must have one.

I used to work in a call center representing Capital One, in the department known as Acquisitions (which meant I helped sign people up for credit cards). During my time there, I got a few calls similar to your situation, so I'll help explain what I know:

For one, Capital One outsources most (if not all) of its phone-based business to call centers (like the one where I worked). We were even told to lie if asked directly, "Are you working directly for Capital One or for an outsourcing call center," which was just one of the many annoyances I had working there, but I digress. The point here is that being in an outsourcing call center, we are very limited with what information we can access. The department I was in uses a different system than the others, so Acquisitions can't access ANYTHING about your previous or current accounts--we couldn't even transfer you to someone who could, because we were an inbound-only department. All we could do was give you the phone number for Customer Service and tell you to call them.

Now, any phone agent who says they're looking at your credit report or credit score is a liar. Sorry to break it to you, but it's true--some people in call centers will say anything just to get a sale, which is major BS. It's emphasized by our supervisors and trainers that we're not credit counselors and we can't tell customers how signing up for a credit card, closing a credit card, using a credit card, or anything else may affect the customer's credit.

That being said, that doesn't mean that many of us never learned a thing or two about the basics of how credit works. The letter you're getting likely means that the account you had with Capital One before--the one you closed--wasn't used enough for Capital One to warrant opening up a new line of credit for you. The reason behind this goes something like this: When you open up a credit card, your credit line is essentially a loan. Being a financial institution, Capital One has to pay certain business taxes on every loan they give out. They earn that tax money back plus profit based on the APR and fees associated with the account. So, if a customer gets a credit card and never uses it, then Capital One is paying taxes on a loan that isn't seeing any returns--it's just a bad investment for the business.

It's possible that your misreading the letter and it's talking about your closed account--not one that they're saying is still open--because they will still have records of your history as a customer with them even if the account(s) are closed. Of course, it's also possible that Capital One is messing up and still thinks your account there is open for some reason, because when you serve hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of clients, you're bound to run into some clerical errors here and there because of some oversight by some personnel somewhere in the corporation. It sucks, but it's a reality of business.

My best advice to you is to find a reliable credit counselor or financial adviser and see what other options you may have. Continuing to reapply for the same card over and over again after you keep getting denied may be hurting your credit, and I can guarantee you that if you try to apply for a Capital One card within 45 days of having filed another card application with them, it will be automatically denied.

Hope this has been helpful.

Capital One

THE WORST experience ever with the Capital One - that should be in their add. They really tyrannize people with the rates and fees and charges, when people really didn't deserve it. I've heard thousands of stories from "black mailing" when they send 10 letters per day with proposals to open the account to the story when people having troubles closing that account. The customer service is really awful and hopeless! to reach out to them is another story...There is NO WAY you can reach the right person to talk to or the person to talk to at all, cuz everything is just *** machine, which has the goal to *** you off so you hang up the phone and give up with whatever idea you had...It is disgusting and to go back in time, i would never even look that way where the bank is...the only reason i did was to start the credit as i'm not american. well, i guess for that you have to suffer! Anyone who wants to open an account, think twice, or actually 3 times...and my suggestion: run away as fast as possible so you want get yourself a headache for many days to come....
Capital One Account

Capital One in Rochester, New York - They put there annual fee and went over my limint and charged me $39.00 a month for over limit fees

They charged me a $39.00 over limit fee every month because they put there annual fees and I went over the limit I pay every month the amount they said and I am charged a over limit fee of $39.00 which is more then my monthly payment. I think they are tring to rake in as much money as they can from us.Know I am over the limit by $200.00 because of this and I can't get caught up. I think because they put the annual fees on this orignaly I should not pay the over limit fees every month my account was not over the limit.

yes i had a very bad experience with this lady esha kshoiker too, has no respect for the customer and is totally incompetent. She is a bad idea to keep for capital one.

very bad experinece with customer service including my local branch managrs like esha kshoikeri who did not even know how to put us in touch with customer care. make you run to the bank everytime and have very poor online services. avoid this bank totally.

By the way, how can an ANNUAL fee be put on MONTHLY?

You're a ***, and you're either lying or completely lost.

I work for CapitalOne as a contracted agent and I'll tell you right now you don't know what your situation is; membership fees that bring you over your limit do not incur a OL fee. We explain that in your Terms & Consitions (that you had to sign off on in order to use your card), so you obviously don't read the rules first either.

CapOne has shady business practices; they sit on payments as described in our Payment Disclosure ("Capital One reserves the right to hold funds based on account status or history..."), among many others.

However, I can say with complete confidence that more than half of the "complaints" people put up about CapOne is because they a) don't bother reading the rules that we are required by law to share with you, or b) your knee *** anti-credit card reactions get you all in a tizz and you'd rather be pissed off than work with us.

Not our problem.

Don't like/can't handle a credit card? Don't *** apply for one!

Screw them....file for Bankrupcy and tell them to go to ***. The banks in the US are run by idiots.

Millions of Americans are just hanging on and the *** credit card bankers want to extract exorbinant penalties and fees, which will push the rest of us over the edge.

So give them what they deserve...don't pay at all and maybe that will learn 'em. Perhaps they can just keep the millions of "retention" bonuses dollars and hire new people with better and more realistist customer service sense.

I can tell you're not an *** by your comment. Are you asking US if you know how to pay your bills? Just because you OPEN your statement doesn't mean you READ it.

As far as the membership fee causing you to go over the limit....how about you leave some more room on your balance, so that when that fee that posts the SAME TIME EVERY YEAR gets assessed, it won't push you over your credit limit! Ah! Genius!

There really should be a test people should have to pass before being approved for credit cards.

I'm not a *** snd I open my statement EVERY MONTH!!!!! I was not over my limit and I always pay on time.

I AM NOT A *** AND I KNOW HOW TO PAY MY BILLS?????

I WORK WITH MONEY EVERY DAY. SO FOR ALL YOU YOU IDIOTS STICK IT.

I suggest you read your statements not go by what they tell you that you owe. It ain't their fault that you do not bother to open you statements and check what your balance is.

You sound like a real ***. Why do you even have a credit card if you're going to be maxed out and only pay the minimum payment?

And you don't even call to inquire about your problem? God some people.

same issue lowered my limit added annual fee,now in major penalty box collection w/outrages penalty,have good pay standings since years of good payment history.can someone help !

View more comments (9)

All Capital One Contacts

Capital One Reviews

Capital One reviews

Capital one

i've had an account for about 10 years, 7.9%, no annual fees. never near my limit in spending, never missed a payment, never late on a payment. usually pay my balance every month. i also got the "due to economy" letter my rate is now 17.9% i paid off what little i owned them i was gonna cancel but will keep it open for the to maintain and cut the card up. thru phone calls they assured me it was nothing i did to drive up the rate. certainly it must be greed cuz they didn't make really make any money off of me.