Edmonton, Alberta

Poor Security watching card use! Poor record keeping! Poor, poor poor!

I used to recommend Captial One MC to everyone. That has stopped AND my husband and 2 children will be cancelling their card..

WHY?

I was telephoned about an overdue balance. (Not mine)

However, even if it were mine here are the details.

Overdue balance is from April 2012. One full year ago.

1)No statements ever received... ever. BUT I did recieve my new card to my current address.

2)No phone calls ever received until April 11, 2013.

3)Captial One had an Old address in Saskatchewan BUT the telephone number was my old Alberta number. They managed to phone me on a newly activated telephone number.

4) Even though there was a supposed balance from April 2012. This card was allowed to be used right up until Dec 2012.

WHY WASN'T THIS CARD FLAGGED TO BE REFUSED OR TAKEN FROM THE USER IF THIS WAS SO OVERDUE!? WHERE IS MY PROTECTION?

PLUS, AS I WASN'T GETTING ANY STATEMENTS; HOW WOULD I KNOW IF MY CARD WAS BEING FRAUDULENTLY USED?

NOW...CAPITAL ONE IS SENDING MY ALL THE STATEMENTS BUT IT IS GOING TO TAKE 6-8 WEEKS TO DO SO! WHAT??

What really gets me is these companies can negatively affect my credit score erroneously and not be fined or even feel obligated to apologize for their incompetance.

Bye Bye Captial One and I am on a mission to spread the word about your hap-hazard business practise as it pertains to my issue.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Credit Card.

Comments

dklisiak

I don't know what to tell you. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (The CFPB) which got started in 2011 to help the consumer fight corruption with banks and credit cards is a JOKE they don't read anything that is sent them and they police themselves.

They even sent my complaint about GE Capital Retail Bank and Pay Pal Smart Connect to my Discover Card and they are not even on the Complaint! I have been dealing with this bank and credit card company since 2011 up to this year 2013 April and it just keeps coming. I have never ever been treated bad by Discover Card and if they did and I forgot they fixed it. I have belonged to them for over 25 years and I would recommend them anytime.

They use a letter dated over a year ago to close my complaint and it only addresses two of the 40 problems that I have had with this useless agency that can't read, pay attention or retain what they read if they can read at all. The other agencies that I have listed turn it all over to this CFPB which is a JOKE! You think that Capital One is a crook you need to check out just how bad it really is out there when you deal with a bank and credit card company and your rights YOU HAVE NONE. The OCC (Office of the Currency Controller) The Department of Financial Institutions (The DFI) The Department of Justice here in California probably in other states to, (The CFPB) The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau,The Federal Trade Commission (The FDC) etc.

cannot and will not do anything for you you have to take care of it yourself as I have tried to do and continue to do. It's like I have to babysit these agencies so that they PAY ATTENTION they have been in LA LA Land for Too Long! Keep records, dates, times, go into your account everyday, copy and paste etc., etc., because it is you against this wonderful United States of America that Corporate America is destroying faster then any war this country has ever had or seen. They lie, steal, cheat, cover-up problems and mistakes that they have made, make up names for this charge and that charge and then deny it even when presented to them.

Start agencies that are a waste of your time and your tax dollars. Your on your own because the corruption in this country of America is out of control. The FBI can't even keep up with the crimes that are committed it is very sad what is happening in the United States of America today!

:x :sigh :eek :roll :roll Really sad when you think :cry about it. :sigh