Glendale, California

i knew i wasnt going to make the payment on time, so i called capital one and promised them a date of payment. but the phone calls keep coming and even around 10:00p.m.

isnt this kind of practice is illegal? i really think that everyone in this site should file bankruptcy just to show how crooked capital one is. first, they give you a 25 and above percentage rate for your credit, then they hunt you down like a criminal if you are late although you called them to let them know you are late on our payment.

remember, a group of us will make a different.

Comments

Technically they do have a law in collections that must be followed. They can legally call you 15 times a day as long as they are 15 minutes apart.

It seems like a lot but that is legally what they are allowed to do...idk about the who 45 times a day nonsense that seems a little extreme. sometime the calls will just be an automated system giving you a callback number sometimes it might actually be a representative. Also if you have ever had any experience in collections you would know they have a system called an auto dialer and it will call someone before you get to see jack. Every company has certain guidelines as far as when an "arrangment" can be set...you tell someone that you are going to make a payment on the 18th...that is not just technically an arrangement they may not be able to set it in their system but there is only so much they are able to do.

I've been in collections for years...unless you have to...you really have no idea what goes on there.

So think twice before you say something about something you really no absolutely nothing about. :eek

I was laid off the end of last year, and as many just starting back in this economy I made my payments at the minimum, then they levied the 50 for "late payment" because they hadn't credited my account, and when I pointed out I have the unemployment insurance, that I was paying in addition to.... I received a letter saying they cancelled it, and credited me back 1 month of payment.

So I continue to pay and get further behind 50 a month in late fees, my balance once 250 is now 750, all the while I make payments. I have been harassed daily by Capitol one even though I send them payments, each time they call the price goes up.

SO I got smart! looked up the law, and you know what?

we can report them to the Federal Trade Commission, with enough complaints they will investigate, and perhaps revoke their ability to do business in the US.

Just a thought, maybe they need a little grass roots rebellion to get them to pay attention to the chaos this Company causes daily ruining lives of people.

I am receiving several phone calls from Capital one per DAY !

Will never do business with those people.

OMG I hate them so much they never stop calling my mobile battery is almost dead with the amount of calls they do per day,

Once i talk to them they are rude, repeatitive and can not understand what I say for some reason (i think they chose not to)

On nearly evey phone call it has ended up with me screaming you will get your money when i get paid as I keep tell you every time you phone me!

Worst company ever :( :( :( :(

Myself and my partner recently wrote to capital one stating we were having money diffuculties and could we agree to a fixed smaller payment each month to pay off our credit card. We didnt recieve a reply so just started to pay the reduced payment plan.

We now have them phoning to speak to my partner 4-5 times a day, when we ask why we have had no reply to the letter we sent they say they have had no letter. So 2 weeks a go i sent another letter stating everything that has gone on with the phone calls but still as of yet no reply just phone calls wanting us to pay our credit card off in full!!!

#202513

Why are we American out of work, and we have no resources in America to communicate with American companies to negotiate our financial status with our account. I guess India is where Capital One has all Our American monies for our loans. How do we get out of our jams this way

If they keep harrasing with the calls goto www.ftc.gov it has the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. They change there whole attitude when you list off a few codes they are breaking.. Works on other collectors as well.

call me all the time

don't understand a muther *** word I say and just read the same script over

DO not use capital one

EVIL VERY EVIL

I have been receiving phone calls every 9 to 11 MINUTES from Capital One Finance. They never leave a message on my voicemail.

When I answer the phone, there is NEVER anyone on the line. The calls start right at 8am and goes non-stop until 9pm.

My caller ID hits up to 45 calls a day, every day, even weekends on # 972-378-4101. This has been going on for months and I can't get them to STOP!!

I just called to activate my new Capital One card and their automated system passed me onto a person based I presume in India. He said he can and would stop the calls but that they hadn't recieved a payment.

He told me that he couldn't say which call centre the calls were coming from as they have call centres all over the world. My view is that anybody who owes any money to Capital One, if they don't mind paying an additional charge, may do as I intend to do and withold payment for a month i the hope that Capital One collapses because I have had enough of these monkeys -all they need to do is send an email or a letter instead of constantly bombarding me with calls on every telephone line I have scaring and worrying my family and causing me distress.

I have had all the above problems with them. I was told they are a call centre in India. Again couldn't understand them,

They don't listen and just keep being very agressive.

I called capital one cunsumer hotline at 9:00 this morning to find out if I could make larger payments weekly on my auto loan. When I finally reached an operator I could barely understand anything he was saying.

I asked if I could start makeing higher payments to go to my principle instead of the interest. He replied that it was not possible to do that. I asked to be transfered to someone who could. He proceeded to transfer me to three other Iranian operators before I demanded to speak to a maneger!

From my first call at 9:00am it took another 2 hrs just to speak to someone who had been labeled a "manager"! I spoke with this so called manager who who preceeded to tell me that the computers were not set up for such actions. I asked them where it was that I had been calling and he told me that all the operators that I spoke with were all sited in Iran. What kind of American company is this when us the consumer can't call customer service an get an American operator!

They should call themselves captors not capital one! :(

I must have had a call centre in the Phillipines ringing me 5 or 6 times a day on behalf of Capital One.The number being 08005610170. I am in dispute with them, and reported them harrassing to the O.F.T. I spoke once to tell them that i was reporting them,don't think she understood.Now i ignore them or press 0!

Deep breathe, relax. Here is what you need to know BEFORE you call.

Speak softly and calmly, but directly. They don't CARE, so don't go off on a tangent. Don't talk about anything other then why you have called. DON'T talk to the first person that picks up the phone.

Ask/demand a manager. When that manager gets on, ask them to review your account. "Look at the notes on my account. I called on (date) and spoke to (person) and this is what they told me.

I am holding you accountable for your coworkers. Is this the training you received? Does this sound right to you? Why would they lie to me?

So how are YOU (the person you're speaking too) going to help me?" Don't let this person off easy, if they can't help you tell them you will hold for their manager. Ask/demand rather then demand/demand.

They are people too, if you ask for help most times you'll get it. Where as if you demand it, most people will blow you off.

I too also called to make an arrangement because I knew that Icouldn't make payment on time. I spoke to someone and they said that i could pay at a later date and never told me that i was going to still be charged an overlimit fee.

NOw my account is over 107.00 and all they can say is pay it. They have no record of me calling and all the blame is on me. They are totally unprofessional and irresponsible. They should let the customer know if they are goig to be charged an extra fee.

I say everyone should cancel their accounts,they are taking advantage of us and being extremely rude about it. They should be shut down and sued for their jobs that is not being done properly.