Rochester, New York

All it takes is a glance at the pages of complaints to realize Capital One is not trustworthy company. But if we want them to become a responsible company, we must force them to toe the line.

Their practice of refusing to close account that are paid in full could mean they are inflating their number of active good standing accounts. The putting of holds on accounts to force consumers to contact their customer service where they are pressured to purchase protection coverage could be considered a form of bait and switch. Please take a few moments and lodge your complaints with your state's attorney general, the better business bureau or a local politician. If enough complaints are issued, someone will finally investigate this company.

Thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Account.

Comments

powerfulwoman

IF YOUR TIME IS IMPORTANT TO YOU, NEVER USE CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD. They are the worst in the industry!

For the 4th or 5th time in a few months, they have put a hold on my credit card for no reason. It is so embarrasing! I am waiting in line to pay the cashier at a supermarket and the card gets declined. I know that there is plenty of money on the card, so I called the customer service number.

Guess what? I am transferred to India, where I could barely understand the customer rep's thick Indian accent. I had to repeat my card number several times, then she argues that the number I gave is not a legitimate number. I said, "What?!" I am reading the card that you, guys issued me and I have been using this same card for years.

Then, she puts me on hold for several minutes. Upon her return, I remind her that I am still holding up the line at the supermarket and people are starting to glare at me like it's my fault that my credit card is having problems. The service rep asks me to repeat the credit card number 2 more times, puts me on hold for 3 more minutes and then says that there is no hold on the card and for the cashier to try to run it again. For the 4th time, the store cashier runs the card and again, the computer screen says that the card is declined.

I tell the service rep this, and she still insists that it is not on their end, but on the store's end. The cashier runs the card 2 more times. Same thing. I ask the service rep to be transferred to a supervisor and she says in "an-i-don't-give-a-***" voice, "I can't transfer you until I exhaust all the troubleshooting possibilities.

What are the last 3 digits on the back of your card?" I give her the number and she says, "That is an invalid code". Again, I shriek, '"What?! I am simply reading the back of my card and I have used this code and this card for years? What is going on?" She says (amused), "Hold the line..." Again, I was on hold for several minutes, then she comes back on the line and said, "I don't see any problem on the card.

Run the card again... Maybe this time it will work." I ask the cashier (who at this time, is now glaring at ME), to run the card one last time. Guess what?

Card is still declined and the phone goes dead! Unbelievable!

I paid my monthly payment electronically 2 days before the due date. When the payment did not clear my bank, I looked up my loan online and found that the payment had been reversed on the same day I made the payment.

I have tried to contact Capital One and have not gotten a response. After reading these complaints, I am just wondering if this is not a scam to try and get late fees and then possibly raise the interest rates on the credit cards I have with them because of a so called missed payment????????