Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I have been a customer for years. I have a nearly 25% interest rate. I paid 380 in interest alone in 2018.

I paid my multi-thousand dollar bill before the due date. The next month they added 33 in interest, even though the balance was zero.

Greedy. When I called customer service they told me there was absolutely no one I could talk to about it. Uninformed.

They don’t believe they have to answer to anyone, even the customer. Arrogant. I tried to explain the concept of goodwill and they just don’t get it.

Don’t they understand that it will cost them more than 33 to find a new customer when I leave?

What is my lifetime customer value they will have lost?

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Credit Card.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Everything greedy arrogant, Unprofessional.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 28.

Comments

LOL... You wear a 25% interest rate like a badge of honor.

Hint...It isn't. That's a terrible rate most likely earned because of bad credit. The same credit(and/or a series of late pays or violation of your agreement) that got you bumped up to 33%. Those reps aren't uninformed, they know you can't handle your business hence the high rates.

They also know that anyone else you talk to isn't going to give you something you didn't earn like a lower rate.

If you want some goodwill, clean up your credit before trying to go somewhere else for a better rate that you're likely not to get. OK...this is the point where you're going to say I must work for them.