8.1K views

Our auto loan had gone into default and we received a notice by Fed Ex to pay the remaining balance in full.After calling their Customer Service line and paying over $1,000 on February 17th, our vehicle was still in repossession status, so we made payment arrangements which are supposed to start on March 15th, with extra payments coming every two weeks until the end of April.

Instead of taking our loan off repossession status, they just came and towed our car away and that is the only vehicle we have to use to get to work! I tried calling the lady I make the arrangements with to have her call the towing company to tell them not to take the car, but it is Sunday and there are no representatives available to talk to. Why do they send people on Sunday when they aren't even open to clear up any disputes??? If I ever thought about getting another car loan through Capital One, I have changed my mind.

I will never do any kind of business again with anything associated with Capital One!!! They are a bunch of crooks!!!!!

They prey on people with credit problems, and then screw them over even more!!!!!

Review about: Capital One Loan.

Comments

Oh yes, it's all their fault!It's the typical whining and wailing of a sorry deadbeat.

By YOUR OWN admission, YOU failed to pay on time. YOU caused the collections activities and YOU caused the repo. If you don't like the consequences of paying late...pay on time!

The only people here who will agree with you are deadbeats...the real high class of society.Don't bother...I don't work for them!

to Anonymous #1421072

if I were you i would not judge anyone because you may have a job or not falling on hard times before god has away of dealing with people like you could hit you take everything you own money, material possessions, loved ones,break you ,from your idols which is called idolary,carma has away of coming back on you god will show you what's in your heart

to David t #1421822

"carma "

It's Karma son...Speaking of which, it's not what you think it is.

5. The Law of Responsibility

If there is something wrong in one’s life, there is something wrong in them.

We mirror what surrounds us, and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth.

One must take responsibility for what is in one’s life. Oh, and it's Idolatry and it has nothing to do with not paying your bills on time.

i·dol·a·try īˈdälətrē/Submit noun worship of idols.synonyms: idolization, fetishization, fetishism, idol worship, adulation, adoration, reverence, veneration, glorification, lionization, hero-worshiping "the prophets railed against idolatry"

to Anonymous #1426037

Have some compassion. People have struggles in your life. I guess you must be Perfect!!

to Cancergrl 65 #1426142

"Have some compassion."

Show them the compassion clause and they're off the hook.

If you feel so strongly, get in touch with the original poster and send them the funds to take care of their note rather than ask someone else to do it.

Look at the post above, I see what it means.If you surround yourself with people like you and those who can't pay their notes, you become those people.

Get out of the someone should "work with me" mode and away from people like you and folks will be surprised how far they go in life.

Once you are late, or in default, if you call you will automatically be routed to someone in collections.These people are generally paid commissions so if you agree to give them money on a call, they will agree to anything.

If it is less than full payment af any arrears there is no change in tour default status.

They eill still repo.Unless it is in writing anything they tell you is a lie.

Morristown, New Jersey, United States #1227046

I am so glad to know that I am not the only on ethat this has happened to.I did the exact same thing and they sent a tow company at 1 oclock in the morning.

Ironically I was just getting off from work and pulling into my driveway.

When I tried to speak with Capital One they ignored me and told me all of the money they expected me to pay to get the car back.Needless to say it was truly and absolutely ridiculous.

Milton, Washington, United States #1210786

Capital One is a bullying, heartless, greedy company that preys upon people who can least afford their outrageous high interest loans, knowing this is their last resort.I had little choice, with credit damaged mostly by health bills, being disabled and living in an area with limited public or handicapped transportation.

My life depends on having a car, so I had to take out a loan when my old car died. Unfortunately, I became too ill to work and am still waiting for SS Disability to kick in, so am without an income for now. I have been fortunate enough to get some help from friends and relatives, but right now, have to wait for a check to arrive from NY to where I live, in Seattle, to make the next payment.

It has already gone to the repo dept since the payment was due yesterday.

I wrote a letter to the corporate office two weeks ago and pleaded with the loan supervisor today to give me just a couple more days for the check to arrive and be cleared by my bank, but they have refused. They say my car could be picked up at any moment. What jerks! All I'm asking for is two more days, and they absolutely won't give me that leeway.

Even the IRS and student loan agency deferred my payments for a year and were nice about it.Capital One are blood-sucking loan sharks!!

to Anonymous #1385074

I mean, how OBVIOUS is it? If a car is important to you, then be smart enough to make your payments on time!

to Anonymous #1426145

"Even the IRS and student loan agency deferred my payments"

And with all the you're still unable to make your payments huh?

They're no fools.

You sound overloaded with all sorts of debt. They came for their ride unlike the student loan folks who can't take back that not so valuable education(probably from a for profit) that the rest of us are stuck with.

P.S.

What IRS plans allows for a deferment?

Did they say you don't have to pay anything for a year or did you get on a payment plan with them?

If so, knowing how the IRS can be, did you decide it's better to pay them and bend Cap1 over and pay them when you feel?