7.9K views

Our auto loan had gone into default and we received a notice by Fed Ex to pay the remaining balance in full.After calling their Customer Service line and paying over $1,000 on February 17th, our vehicle was still in repossession status, so we made payment arrangements which are supposed to start on March 15th, with extra payments coming every two weeks until the end of April.

Instead of taking our loan off repossession status, they just came and towed our car away and that is the only vehicle we have to use to get to work! I tried calling the lady I make the arrangements with to have her call the towing company to tell them not to take the car, but it is Sunday and there are no representatives available to talk to. Why do they send people on Sunday when they aren't even open to clear up any disputes??? If I ever thought about getting another car loan through Capital One, I have changed my mind.

I will never do any kind of business again with anything associated with Capital One!!! They are a bunch of crooks!!!!!

They prey on people with credit problems, and then screw them over even more!!!!!

Review about: Capital One Loan.

Had an Experience with Capital One?

Comments

Oh yes, it's all their fault!It's the typical whining and wailing of a sorry deadbeat.

By YOUR OWN admission, YOU failed to pay on time. YOU caused the collections activities and YOU caused the repo. If you don't like the consequences of paying late...pay on time!

The only people here who will agree with you are deadbeats...the real high class of society.Don't bother...I don't work for them!

Once you are late, or in default, if you call you will automatically be routed to someone in collections.These people are generally paid commissions so if you agree to give them money on a call, they will agree to anything.

If it is less than full payment af any arrears there is no change in tour default status.

They eill still repo.Unless it is in writing anything they tell you is a lie.

Morristown, New Jersey, United States #1227046

I am so glad to know that I am not the only on ethat this has happened to.I did the exact same thing and they sent a tow company at 1 oclock in the morning.

Ironically I was just getting off from work and pulling into my driveway.

When I tried to speak with Capital One they ignored me and told me all of the money they expected me to pay to get the car back.Needless to say it was truly and absolutely ridiculous.

Milton, Washington, United States #1210786

Capital One is a bullying, heartless, greedy company that preys upon people who can least afford their outrageous high interest loans, knowing this is their last resort.I had little choice, with credit damaged mostly by health bills, being disabled and living in an area with limited public or handicapped transportation.

My life depends on having a car, so I had to take out a loan when my old car died. Unfortunately, I became too ill to work and am still waiting for SS Disability to kick in, so am without an income for now. I have been fortunate enough to get some help from friends and relatives, but right now, have to wait for a check to arrive from NY to where I live, in Seattle, to make the next payment.

It has already gone to the repo dept since the payment was due yesterday.

I wrote a letter to the corporate office two weeks ago and pleaded with the loan supervisor today to give me just a couple more days for the check to arrive and be cleared by my bank, but they have refused. They say my car could be picked up at any moment. What jerks! All I'm asking for is two more days, and they absolutely won't give me that leeway.

Even the IRS and student loan agency deferred my payments for a year and were nice about it.Capital One are blood-sucking loan sharks!!

to Anonymous #1385074

I mean, how OBVIOUS is it? If a car is important to you, then be smart enough to make your payments on time!

I'm so sorry that happened to you but they did me the exact same way after they had been working with me and I caught it up except for two months so I completely understand how you feel...

#1131950

I am so agreeable with you.I have purchased a suv for 17,000.

And capital one gave me 26% now I am in trouble after 2.5 years. I have lost my job for 3months. Now its on the repo line. I have no other means of getting to work.

I will never do or take any loan or credit from them again.

Capital one has ruin the unfortunate people who are trying to have a come back. How could they get away with this?.

..is there a law?When you think you are finished paying for the vehicle....you still have half payment left...I am so angry with them.

I will never ever do buisness with Capital One. They are a bunch of crooks and prey on those with bad credit and take total advantage. Someone needs to sue them!

We went in default on the loan, made extra payment the following payment then was blocked by capital one from making our payment online.Next thing you know, our car is gone.

Including down payment we have giving them $12,000 of our money. Capital one told us we had 20 days to pay them $1700 before the car went too auction. We paid them the sum to get our vehicle back the 20th day they give us a confirmation number to give the repo to release our car. Was told by repo company the car was sent to auction and has been there the last five days.

The auctioneers is in another city.How can they tell you you have 20 days, then ship it to auction on the 15 day or earlier?

Wow.Seems to me people who default on their loans are getting mad because the banks are taking back their collateral.

From the moment you breach the contract Cap One or whom ever hold the loan have a right to take back their collateral. It's all in the papers you sign. Until you come currant on your loan they can and will repo your car. Plain and simple.

It's the same with ANY and ALL banks.You have to know it truly is not the bank who is at fault.  I think there is some misdirected anger here.