8.1K views

I was only one month behind on my Capital One Auto Finance loan and they repossessed my car with no notice.They took my car in the middle of the night on a school night for me and my children.

Personal belongings inside of the car. They made me come up with all the necessary paperwork for acquiring the car in the first place, then told me I needed to pay two months to get the car back in 10 days, along with any repossession fees associated.

I still do not have the car, because I am coming up with the repo fees.DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH CAPITOL ONE

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Capital One. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Capital One to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Capital One and capital one loan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Just got my car repossessed from capital one this morning.No warning.

They sent me an email last week, I called to set up an agreement with them, but all they tried to do was take payments out of my account on days that i wouldn't even get paid. And now I couldn't go to work, so I'll probably lose my job too. This is my 1st car loan in in many yrs.

I'm not happy with capital one.They are terrible!

to Cancergrl 65 #1426036

I even explained to them my daughter who co signed is going through serious medical problems and had to quit her job.I was making all the payments.

I've had car loans in the past and never had this pronlem.

Capital one call me.I tried getting in touch with you

Mary calabro

to Cancergrl 65 #1426172

"No warning."

Right....You had plenty of warning.

For them to come out, you have to be down at least 3 payments. I'm sure they were ringing your phone off the hook unless you changed numbers or blocked their numbers.

I'm also sure they sent out letters and the regular bill saying you're in trouble and to call.

Then when it hit, you thought you could call in after all that time and give them a story.

They tried to help by telling you that a payment must be made on XYZ day or the car is gone.

What was the point of calling if you couldn't pay them their money. To make things worse, you told them you couldn't count on the co-signer either. Of course they're coming to get it. Pro-Tip 1-Don't wait 3 months to call.

Call the second you can't pay and see what they can do for you. Who knows, maybe put a payment or two to the end of the loan and collect interest on it. Banks like interest. 2-If you have money for an internet enabled device to post banal complaints, cut it off.

All you need to do is be able to make calls if you can't pay your car note.3-Update your contact information, answer the phone when it rings rather than going to 800Notes to see which of your bill collectors is calling and then block the number.

to Anonymous #1433961

You are 100% Correct Capital one does not repo a car for being 30 days past due.She at least missed 3 months if not more.

She got calls and emails.I'm sure they called her contacts as well.

to Cancergrl 65 #1433970

That is absolutely awful.I'm so sorry to hear you and the original poster went through this.

I have no advice or horse in the race, it's just upsetting to hear stories where massive finance companies screw over people who are just trying to get by.Utterly disgusting.

Capital one gave us until Friday to get caught up by the one payment we are behind and showed up Tuesday mornin to get the car. Unbelievable !!

artsog1

Capital One has no consideration of any customers just their bottom line. Even when trying to refinance and get away from them they make it hard to pay off and do everything possible to increase the payoff. I think their intent is to get high interest and then to repo and resale auto.

to artsog1 #1387874

Yeah and??????

That's what banks are about.The bottom line.

This is what they do. They loan money, collect interest and if it appears they're not going to be paid, they take back the collateral.

To expect consideration is stupid at best considering you couldn't keep your end of the agreement.

Their intent is to make as much money as possible. Let people like you put payment to the back of the loan, extend the terms etc to juice you as much as possible.

That's it.

Don't like it, try a credit union(who will repo your @#$# ) just as fast or catch the bus.

It's not fair that your lack of commitment to your signature will be passed on to me and others who go without internet/phones(to make banal complaints) and other useless stuff to keep our notes up.Yes, I work for them(Sarcasm Font).

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States #938395

Learn to pay on time and you won't have this problem. If you can't pay it, call them up and I'm sure they will let you defer the payment.

to Anonymous #980341

I had the same problem called them made an arrangement and they repoed my car the same month I made my payment I no longer have the car because they said I was 4 months behind on payments if that was the case then why didn't they repo my car 4 months ago every time you try to talk to someone they transfer you to a bunch of other people you are on the phone for an hour just to make an arrangement and when they call you to try to take your car and you say you made a payment arrangement oh well there were no notes ok why the heck did I call you 6 times on that date to make an arrangement I didn't call to make conversation so anyone that has anything negative to say about this persons post they have every right I lost my job because I was no longer able to get to work on time because we have no bus that goes that far Capitol one is a huge scam don't lend from the auto finance