12K views

I was only one month behind on my Capital One Auto Finance loan and they repossessed my car with no notice. They took my car in the middle of the night on a school night for me and my children.

Personal belongings inside of the car. They made me come up with all the necessary paperwork for acquiring the car in the first place, then told me I needed to pay two months to get the car back in 10 days, along with any repossession fees associated.

I still do not have the car, because I am coming up with the repo fees. DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH CAPITOL ONE

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Loan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I paid 5 years & 11days before the final payment was due they took my truck in the middle of the night after we had already called them. Had to pay repo fee & final payment was not even due.

How can you *** get away with that. Hope you sleep good.

to Owens #1502507

"I paid 5 years & 11days"And you point is what? The question here is why did you wait 90 days to make your final payment. No one repos unless you're 90+ days past due.

Capital One is on my bad business list as well. My repossession was noted my fault, but the procedure is horrible.

Then if it’s a weekend they make it seem like their closed, yet they call your phone everyday all day for a payment. Payment arrangements made and they still sneak and get the car personal belongings, license plate still in and on car and my car wheel was locked and emergency brake was activated so they dragged my car...

to Anonymous #1487142

"car wheel was locked and emergency brake was activated"Sounds like you did everything but hide the VIN... Typical deadbeat who tried to get over but found themselves under.Here's the thing, for WHATEVER reason you were at least 3 months behind.

They're coming for your car if you don't pay up immediately. You KNEW this but kept your stuff in the car. That's on you.FYI- Don't finance anywhere if you're not going to keep the note up.

Don't wait until 90 days to talk. The second you know you're having problems, get on the phone and try to cut a deal.

Just got my car repossessed from capital one this morning. No warning.

They sent me an email last week, I called to set up an agreement with them, but all they tried to do was take payments out of my account on days that i wouldn't even get paid. And now I couldn't go to work, so I'll probably lose my job too. This is my 1st car loan in in many yrs.

I'm not happy with capital one. They are terrible!

to Cancergrl 65 #1426036

I even explained to them my daughter who co signed is going through serious medical problems and had to quit her job. I was making all the payments.

I've had car loans in the past and never had this pronlem.

Capital one call me. I tried getting in touch with you

Mary calabro

to Cancergrl 65 #1426172

"No warning."

Right.... You had plenty of warning.

For them to come out, you have to be down at least 3 payments. I'm sure they were ringing your phone off the hook unless you changed numbers or blocked their numbers.

I'm also sure they sent out letters and the regular bill saying you're in trouble and to call.

Then when it hit, you thought you could call in after all that time and give them a story.

They tried to help by telling you that a payment must be made on XYZ day or the car is gone.

What was the point of calling if you couldn't pay them their money. To make things worse, you told them you couldn't count on the co-signer either. Of course they're coming to get it. Pro-Tip 1-Don't wait 3 months to call.

Call the second you can't pay and see what they can do for you. Who knows, maybe put a payment or two to the end of the loan and collect interest on it. Banks like interest. 2-If you have money for an internet enabled device to post banal complaints, cut it off.

All you need to do is be able to make calls if you can't pay your car note. 3-Update your contact information, answer the phone when it rings rather than going to 800Notes to see which of your bill collectors is calling and then block the number.

to Anonymous #1433961

You are 100% Correct Capital one does not repo a car for being 30 days past due. She at least missed 3 months if not more.

She got calls and emails. I'm sure they called her contacts as well.

to Anonymous #1443243

Well sir or mam which ever I had no warning I got one phone call they left a message to contact them I did a couple of days later cause I had been sick and while I was on the phone with them that morning they set up payments and nothing was said I was 2 mo behind due illness that took a lot of my funds that afternoon a knock was at my door and my car was ready to be towed away the gentleman did give me chance to get my possessions out but I had no warning

to Anonymous #1478058

Tell it to them straight! Don't blame Capital One for your life mis-management...I know it sucks to be on the phone with them when you're having financial trouble, but trust me, it pays (no pun intended) to own up to and take care of your mistakes...communication is key. Ignoring them will not make them go away, but it will cause them to come swipe your ride in the middle of the night!

to Anonymous #1518145

"What was the point of calling if you couldn't pay them their money." this is about the most ignorant statement made that ive read. So people can just say, i cant pay so this is why i was avoiding speaking with you for 12 months.

to Cancergrl 65 #1433970

That is absolutely awful. I'm so sorry to hear you and the original poster went through this.

I have no advice or horse in the race, it's just upsetting to hear stories where massive finance companies screw over people who are just trying to get by. Utterly disgusting.

Capital one gave us until Friday to get caught up by the one payment we are behind and showed up Tuesday mornin to get the car. Unbelievable !!

to Anonymous #1525500

I was in an accident (roll over) on 5/15 and suffered a broken neck. My wife car, financed through Capital One, payment was due 6/3.

Contacted Capital One on 6/1 explaining the situation, the fact I’ve never missed a payment, I had secure income (50% disability) and improved credit score since purchasing it. they claim no extensions, payment reductions, refinancing, etc was available to me! They did offer to repo the car and the payment wasn’t even due for 2 more days!

I can’t afford medical care, but my car payment is made. In my opinion Capital One is an evil company that would rather take a customer car than make some money moving some payments to the end of the loan.....Avoid at all cost!

to John Davis #1557110

All finance companies will not take into account a person's medical condition as a means to delay payments.

to Anonymous #1557107

Capital One does not repossess a car for one month behind.

artsog1

Capital One has no consideration of any customers just their bottom line. Even when trying to refinance and get away from them they make it hard to pay off and do everything possible to increase the payoff. I think their intent is to get high interest and then to repo and resale auto.

to artsog1 #1387874

Yeah and??????

That's what banks are about. The bottom line.

This is what they do. They loan money, collect interest and if it appears they're not going to be paid, they take back the collateral.

To expect consideration is stupid at best considering you couldn't keep your end of the agreement.

Their intent is to make as much money as possible. Let people like you put payment to the back of the loan, extend the terms etc to juice you as much as possible.

That's it.

Don't like it, try a credit union(who will repo your @#$# ) just as fast or catch the bus.

It's not fair that your lack of commitment to your signature will be passed on to me and others who go without internet/phones(to make banal complaints) and other useless stuff to keep our notes up. Yes, I work for them(Sarcasm Font).

to Anonymous #1518156

Screw that, if big business can file for bankruptcy then so can individuals, just cause you dont take advantage of the programs out there the alleviate debts for EVERYONE, then thats on you. You think Enron gave a crap about the little guy, World Com?

Bernie Madoff? They ALL acted criminally and made millions, why cae individuals do the same?

to Anonymous #1561127

Your a sad S$&ty person. Alone hopefully...

thus no one has to b stuck w your sad miserable perspectives. Or maybe u aren’t alone...

sneaky away from your spouse so that u can write blogs that infect others w your ugly attitude and personality. Probably the only time a spouse would b spared a hiatus from ur miserable persona raining down on them.