Los Angeles, California

I have a platinum capital one card I wanted to use to rent a car because it provided insurance saving me $20 a day with the rental agency. At the airport while out of town I called the credit card company to pay down my balance enough in order to have the funds for the rental transaction.

I was told the only way for it to go through immediately was to pay western union or moneygram and call them back with the transaction number, all other methods would be the next day. I was fine with this and found an airport terminal with a western union where I set up this transaction paying over $400. I called back with the number for it to go through to be told it would not go through for two more days. My account had been over balance for 28 days which could not be released.

So the lie by the first agency was in order to trick me into paying off my entire balance when I could have just paid them $80 as my regular payment. They tricked me into spending all of my travel money on the card that was not unavailable to me. Also I had to pay for the rental car agencies scam insurance (i don't own a car and have private insurance) this cost me another $20 a day for the length of my trip adding up to another 200. I can't split the rental into different transactions and it must go on that scam of a card with capital one in order to get the insurance.

The agents the second time around told me first it would be available tomorrow then realized they were again correct and it would be available in a few more days because of the cut off time and weekend. In response to stealing $600 dollars from me and ruining my vacation they gave me a $35 credit.

If I had not been lied to in the first call I would have just had to pay the expensive insurance and be done with it. Now I have paid off a credit card and paid for the expensive insurance because they are scam artists.

• Economics

Comments

Capitol One is the worst company on the planet. I have had a card with them for years and went use my card for $14 tonight and it came up declined.

I was mortified and called to see what the deal was. They explained to me that I was 3 days pass due and the put a stop on the card. Who does this? What credit company does this to their customers?

I have been in good standing and had thousands left on credit still available yet they still blocked the card. I called and they just said that this is how we do things. It is safe to say that I will be canceling my Captial One account tomorrow and will take my business elsewhere.

They don't value their paying customers the way that they should and I deserve to be treated better. Thanks for opening my eyes Capital One and good luck screwing ur customers!