Verified Reviewer

On December 27,2020 I had a payment come due. However, this month was tough as I had been positive for COVID as well been out of work that entire month.

Come January I was late 12 days, so I reached out to the company for help. I spoke to a representative and he said he could set me up on a payment plan and broke up payments over three months. My first payment came out feb 25 for 444 dollars. All is well until feb 10 when I received a 30 day late notice and late fee.

I called them and was transferred several times, dropped calls, and left on hold. Finally, I reached the escalation team. I Spoke to the rep and told him what happened.. he replied very arrogantly that although I was in a payment plan it was only meant to keep me in my car..

not to keep marks off credit. First of all I have never heard of any agreement that still sets you up for failure like that. Secondly it was never explained to me that this wools happen. Lastly, he also said I should just pay my bills ..

I had enough. I went off as I had been through so much dealing with COVID and being out of work clear into January with short term disability.. I have never been so duped or disrespected by any company ever. They have the worst customer service as well very incompetent when giving information regarding your account.

I reached out to the office of the president .. asked if they could review the issue again..

same response from their credit team in Plano , Texas headquarters. Stay far away from this company!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#2019791

I HAVE HAD THE SAME AND SIMILAR ISSUES WITH THIS CREDIT CARD ISSUER. THEIR SERVICE CONTRACTOR TRIED TO SCAM ME BY INSISTING I SEND THEM A COPY OF MY DRIVER'S LICENSE IMAGE !!!!!!

THAT IS WORSE THAN INSANE !!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS WITH CAP ONE FOR 14 YEARS. MY CARDS WERE COMPROMISED. I CALLED THE USUAL CUST..

SERV. NUMBER, AND I AM ON THE LINE WITH SOME *** 10,000 MILES AWAY, WHO TELLS ME THAT I CANNOT GET MY CARDS REPLACED UNLESS I "PROVE" WHO I AM BY FAXING THEM MY DRIVER'S LICENSE IMAGE ! BEYOND INSANE THAT CAP ONE LEADERSHIP WOULD FIND THIS OKAY !!!!!!!!! NOT OKAY !

NOW, THEY HAVE DELIBERATELY DAMAGED MY CREDIT ! I HAVE TURNED CAP ONE, AND THE WHOLE INCIDENT IN' TO THE CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU ( CFPB.GOV ).

Capital One Reviews