Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Nov 06, 2018

What really hurts is how they report this to the credit bureau and then don't correct it even though their fault. Like a game of Credit Card Black-mail ...

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2018

I pay my credit cards on line. I thought it might have just been an honest mistake last month when Spark Visa Signature Business charged me a $39 late fee, even though I arranged to have payment taken from my bank account 3 days before the due date, as I normally do.

I had to mail them copies of the receipt I printed off showing the bank verified the money was in my account to pay the bill and copies of my payment receipt from them. They finally sent me a letter to confirm they went ahead and corrected their mistake. I did not want their mistake to hurt my credit rating so I made a double payment to be sure. Now this month, Nov 2018, the same thing just happened.

I went on their website about 2 weeks before the due date and authorized them to take another payment from my checking account 3 days prior to the due date. I received a message from them today saying my November payment is late and they are charging me another $39 late fee. So now I have to print off my receipt and snail mail to their investigations dept in Utah and wait for them to correct their mistake. I assume they will report me to the credit bureau, but I am not going to make a double payment to them again this month.

You may ask, why don't I just make payment a week early? I have tried that, but they do not apply the payment to the next payment due.

Is there some agency out there to report credit card abuse? Please let me know?

Product or Service Mentioned: Capital One Spark Business Credit Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Are trying to charge me late fees and double my payments.

Comments

Not sure what you mean when you say they don't apply the payment to the next payment due. I pay them almost as soon as I see my statement is ready.

I paid 11-2-18 payment in the middle of towards the end of October. Nothing showed as due on the 2nd. I'm confused as to why you're doing a digital version of a post dated check.

If you have the money, pay it the day it's due before 5:00 and you should be good. No need to verify if money is in the account if it's in the account.

to Anonymous #1594731

This is what I am saying. If I make a payment for the next billing, say 2 weeks in advance, I will get a late notice from saying a payment is due in 2 days. So obviously they did not apply my payment to the next payment due.

to shula #1594861

You don't capiche too good do you? Just because you set up a payment to draw in a couple of weeks doesn't mean the note is paid.

A notice saying something is due in 2 days is not a late notice.

It's just a reminder of a payment that hasn't drawn but will on the day you set it up for. Why would you continue to use a method that you claim doesn't work for you, costs money and then complain about it.