Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Early in April I was contacted by Capital One concerning a business credit card that I have had and used for more than 8 years. They wanted to know the business tax identification number.

I later went on line to provide the information and was unable to find the way to do so. I called, I talked with the representative to give them the information. I gave them the tax identification they sought. I was then assured that I had complied and everything looked fine.

Today I get a letter informing me that the account is closed because I did not give them the info. I call, I am upset, and let the representative know what has happened. There is a grand pause as she "waits for my computer to load up" and then informs me that it was closed because I failed to give them the information. DUH!

I explain what took place. She says "just a minute" The she goes on to say "it is closed and I can't do anything about it" - - no offer to reinstate, no offer to see if it is possible to reverse the decision - - nothing.

I AM PISSSED.

I have no idea what the value of a customer is to them - - obviously very little. I will tell everyone I know.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Capital One Cons: Unprofessional.

Comments