I am in USA for 3 weeks and got my SS#, I have no history and applied for Capital One. Their customer service in chat suggested Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers Credit Card -http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/cash-rewards-for-newcomers

I have a good income and applied for it, in 20 seconds system declined it. THEY DID NOT CHECK ANY INCOME OR EMPLOYMENT BUT THEY REPORTED IT TO all 3 bureaus!!!

I was escalated to 3 managers in their customer service which was completely poor and unhelpful. But in the end I am screwed up!!

One of their managers offered to apply for their secured cards which has annual fee , it answers my question. they just make such card advertisement for attracting people to secured cards!!!

They screwed my credit history which I wanted to start in US with them, their service is so poor, what I can do know. The only thing is go to court.

Review about: Capital One Credit Card.

Comments

I agree with "just saying".Return, now.

Any time you apply for credit, it's a hard inquiry. That is with ANY COMPANY. That doesn't mean capital one screwed up your credit. It's a small hit to your reports.

Get used to it. And don't blame Capital One because you were declined. The manager who suggested a secured card, did the right thing. You need to have some sort of credit history.

No one one is going to hand you a credit card without some sort of history.The secured card will allow you to build that much needed history.

Really dude, go back to where you came from.